Forum home The potting shed

Christmas trees and decorations 2019

• Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,420
    Thank you for all your kind comments on my tree. Will pass them on to daughter and GD as I can't take any credit for it.  :)
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,104
    edited December 2019
    It's the thought that counts @Hexagon  :)
  • cassie.a.stewartcassie.a.stewart Posts: 279
    edited December 2019
    AnniD said:
    Very pretty @cassie.a.stewart, l like the stockings! 
    @Tin pot, those outside trees create a lovely atmosphere.
     :) 
    Thank you, its the first year I've put stockings on the fire! 
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 953
    They all look lovely, though I remember the days when the week before Christmas we went out to cut sprays of holly ivy and mistletoe to decorate the home, made paper decorations, Oh dear !!!.
    Funnily enough @cornelly l was having a conversation about this the other day. We were reminiscing about making paper chains etc. at school, and the old paper "fold out "decorations such as bells and stars etc. I suspect they will be making a comeback, together with the more rustic type of decorations . The blackbirds have just about stripped all the berries in the garden this year unfortunately! 

• B3B3 Posts: 18,319
    I haven't been down to look yet, but i suspect the local pigeons have a belly-ful of berries as usual. At least they don't recycle them onto the car as they do the blackberries.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 70,478
    I think the problem with paper chains and the fold out stars and bells etc is their flammability.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

@Dovefromabove, l think the modern ones are treated with a retardant . 
    Will we be seeing a photo of festive decorations chez Dove ? 🎅
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 70,478
    Haven't done any decorating yet ... we have two birthdays to deal with first, tomorrow and Sunday ... Christmas doesn't start here until the 23rd ... then it's 
    Pinterest  The worldcatalog of ideas
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Look forward to seeing the results @Dovefromabove