Forum home Problem solving

Bugs eating up my cabbage

mscannon2005mscannon2005 Bakersfield CaliforniaPosts: 6
How do I protect my cabbage from little round black bugs? I have sprayed soapy water and I even bought some organic gardening spray, but they keep coming!

• HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 631
    Don’t click on the name in red at bottom of post, it is click bait
  • mscannon2005mscannon2005 Bakersfield CaliforniaPosts: 6
    I have no idea as to what you are talking about by, don't click on the name in red? I'm just trying to learn how to use this site and get a solution about the bugs eating at my cabbage? Please explain what is a click bait?
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,780
    I have no idea as to what you are talking about by, don't click on the name in red? I'm just trying to learn how to use this site and get a solution about the bugs eating at my cabbage? Please explain what is a click bait?
    It wasn’t for you. It was the person that replied to you earlier with a totally unsuitable answer that she’d  copied and pasted from somewhere else.
    nothing wrong with your posts. 
    Im sure you’re not connected in any way.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,266
    @mscannon2005 As @Lyn stated you have nothing to worry about. If you have been away from the forum since your initial post you will have missed a post that has since been deleted."Click bait" was also explained but that seems to have disappeared as well. 
    It is used to encourage posters to click on it and be taken to a completely different website which may not be to your liking. I can understand why you are confused with not having seen the post referred to. It was just unfortunate that "they" decided to use your post. Hopefully you will now be able to get an answer to your query.  :)
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,909
    Hello and welcome to the forum. 

Is it possible to describe in more detail or ideally post a photo of your little bugs or at least the damaged leaves of your cabbage? Click on the little mountain symbol above and you can download a photo from your phone/device.

It could be flea beetles, which make numerous small holes in the leaves. They are usually active earlier than now, tend to be more of a pest in spring/summer in Europe, but I have had them eating late sown rocket until fairly recently. Just a guess, you might have different bugs over in Ca.  :)
    Nollie said:

Is it possible to describe in more detail or ideally post a photo of your little bugs or at least the damaged leaves of your cabbage? Click on the little mountain symbol above and you can download a photo from your phone/device.

It could be flea beetles, which make numerous small holes in the leaves. They are usually active earlier than now, tend to be more of a pest in spring/summer in Europe, but I have had them eating late sown rocket until fairly recently. Just a guess, you might have different bugs over in Ca.  :)

Nollie said:

Nollie said:

Nollie said:

It could be flea beetles, which make numerous small holes in the leaves. They are usually active earlier than now, tend to be more of a pest in spring/summer in Europe, but I have had them eating late sown rocket until fairly recently. Just a guess, you might have different bugs over in Ca.  :) I can't figure out how to post the picture from my phone, still working on it.

• Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,266
    Can anyone help @mscannon2005 and explain how to post photo from phone ?
    Still trying to figure this out on my phone, lol.
    These are my Mustard Greens and I think that I've over watered them. Help anyone?
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,909
    Well done for working out the photos! I’m not really sure what pest that is on your cabbage. @BobTheGardener or any other veg growers any ideas?