Forum home The potting shed

"Click to enlarge pictures" feature has stopped working!

Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,043
Title says it all. Noticed this bug yesterday. It is still possible to display the larger pics in another tab or window by right-clicking the pics (as it used to be the case some time ago) but this is not satisfactory (and only works on computers, not phones or tablets).
You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 36,197
    I've never  enlarged pix on this site other than right clicking. I wasn't aware it ever was a feature.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,178
    It was there in the last iteration, then disappeared for some time when the site was updated. I don't know when it returned, but it's been there for quite a while.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 36,197
    Never noticed it then  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,178
    edited December 2019
    PS @Papi Jo, tapping and holding on my Android phone (the equivalent of right clicking) allows me to 'view image', which works.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • B3B3 Posts: 17,594
    I pinch in and  out .
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 4,977
    I agree, it's not satisfactory and I hadn't noticed it until now... I think it was still o.k a week or so ago...  the right clicking only works on certain browsers like Google Chrome.. it doesn't work on Microsoft Edge which is what I use mostly...   I can't i.d roses without enlarging, so that's out for now... 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 9,484
    It's been disabled for a while. I miss it.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,043
    Any hope of this extremely useful feature being restored any time soon?
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 69,189
    @Papi Jo ... we don't know ... the folk who might know are the Mods ... try using the Report button maybe?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 4,696
    I recall when I clicked on a photo (on an ipad) I was directed to a picture hosting site which enlarged it, can’t remember which, then you could save the photo. Maybe that licence/arrangement has ended? @Daniel Haynes might be able to tell us, I miss it too.