Forum home Problem solving

White patches on young honeysuckle leaves.

I have two honeysuckle plants that have never been healthy since I planted them. They are beneath bamboo going in the garden next door. Do any of you know if this is contributing to the bad health of the honeysuckle? 

I would be grateful of any comments. Many thanks in advance.

• I have two honeysuckle plants that have never been healthy since I planted them. They are beneath bamboo growing in the garden next door. Do any of you know if this is contributing to the bad health of the honeysuckle? 

I have two honeysuckle plants that have never been healthy since I planted them. They are beneath bamboo growing in the garden next door. Do any of you know if this is contributing to the bad health of the honeysuckle? 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,312
    Hi @sp.tssilver and welcome to the forum :)

It sounds very much like Powdery Mildew ... Powdery Mildew attacks plants that are stressed and honeysuckle are prone to this if they are planted in the sun or in dry areas.  Honeysuckle need a cool damp root run with lots of space to get their roots down into good loamy soil with lots of organic matter such as leaf-mold.  They are plants of woodlands and hedgerows and like their feet in the cool and damp shade and their faces in the sun.  If you can provide these conditions for them they will be much happier.  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thank you for your response. I think they are in the right spot but they are as mentioned above, below bamboo and I was told they could be the problem. Would you know if that could be the case? 🤔

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,520
    Bamboo will remove all the moisture from the soil at the expense of your honeysuckles.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Thank you. I will have to find a better spot for them.