HELLO FORKERS 🎄 December 2019

1717273747577»

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,797
    edited December 2019
    I can see what you mean @Fidgetbones but that would just spread the worry to families here wouldn't it, given that UK firefighters or soldiers have no experience of bush fires or the equipment used and, given experiences such as Grenfell where their equipment proved utterly inadequate, I can't see them being sent with the necessary gear, be it breathing apparatus, communications devices or trucks or water.  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 8,431
    Morning everyone. We’ve woken to a still yellow sky and can only see as far as the farm shed. We had 2 mm rain overnight, but noticed that the water in the gauge is black with ash. Everything outside has a coating of ash, including the house and cars. 

We are going to town this morning to see what’s been happening in there. 
    S. E. NSW
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 57,599
    Hope things improve soon @Pat E ((hugs)) 
    ive managed your stay awake and sung auld lang syne with family and friends and raised a glass in the hope that the future will be better for the most of us than the past. 
    Thinking of those with worries, cares and sadness and sending love and kindest thoughts. 

Goodbye 2019........
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh