Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🎄 December 2019

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 20,359
    Busy day today but fun was had.  Poor turnout for mosaic - traffic jams and queues caused by people queuing to fil their tans ahead of a general strike on Thursday.  The refineries serving this are ahave already had protesters blocking them so some petrol stations already short.   

All the ones I passed on the way home had queues and our nearest has no diesel so OH has gone looking a bit further.  We need fuel for tomorrow's trip to the car showrooms to test potential replacements for Harry Zafira who was killed off by a dozy truck driver at the end of September.  

Lots of black ice warnings today with temps barely gettig to 5C despite bright sunshine.   Perishing now that it's dark and we have beautiful starry skies.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,904
    Been freezing all day here although the sun was lovely I don’t think the ice melted on the water butts.
    OH has just gone out for his walk, he loves walking the lanes on dark nights.  Think he’s a vampire really 😀

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,270
    Hmmm I’m wide awake ... it must be morning ... ☕️ 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,805
    I think you’re the only one Dove. We’ve just got back from Canberra and sitting down with a cuppa. 
    S. E. NSW
    Hi Pat 😊 
    its still pretty early here ... not quite 6am yet ... I might have to make my own coffee ... OH is still sound asleep 😴 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,805
    It’s probably worth it Dove.  Enjoy!
    S. E. NSW
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,498
    Morning Pat and Dove! Cuppa on the go here - early start today for me. I hope it’s not icy again today. 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
    Morning @AuntyRach 😊 
    its icy here in Norfolk Brrr!
    OH woke up and made the coffee ☕️ 😊 he has an early start as he had to be at the dentist’s at 9am. He’ll cycle in 🚲 I’ve got an appointment there at 11am. I’ll go by bus 🚌  

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,184
    Morning all. 
    Awake again for several hours in the night. 
    Totally exhausted.
    Devon.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,960
    Wow - where did that day go 😱. Sun getting ready to set here and I feel like I’ve only just got up 🤪.  

Met a friend for coffee this morning - she is nearly as chatty as me so we missed the fact that our 2 hour parking tickets had expired and had to hotfoot it back to the car park to beat the red hot traffic wardens.

Then a trip to SM and Homebase, some housew&&k 🤫 and just got time for a cuppa before I scrub up for the work (volunteer gardening) Christmas Party.  Feel a bit of a fraud since I’ve been there less than a month, but they insisted that I am now part of the team ......which is very sweet. 
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.