Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🎄 December 2019

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,397
    I fell asleep on the sofa this afternoon and now have a tweaked sciatic nerve 🙄. I’ve been sent to bed with a couple of Solpadeine. 

Sweet dreams all 😴 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,729
    Plenty of time @Allotment Boy , I don't intend to put ours up until next weekend - which also requires a trip to the loft.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 9,005
    The drought continues. Photos of two of our dams that are still dropping.

S. E. NSW
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,109
    HIya @Pat E, that's pretty dramatic. How "full" would you expect it to be at this time of year?
    Devon.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 9,005
    It all depends on rain, of course, Hosta, but never like it is now. The dip on the right side is the overflow and it’s not unusual for there to be water on the overflow. We are lucky that we don’t have livestock any more. 
    Hope your procedures go ok. 😏😃
    S. E. NSW
    Good morning all and hello to @Pat E 😊 ☕️ 
    Hopefully @Hostafan1 is asleep again now for a while 🛏 

We’ll be getting up soon as OH has work today and a chap is coming later this morning to give a price for replacing the fencing. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,117
    Morning folks, afternoon Pat,
    So much rain yesterday and last night but started after I'd made my door wreath for my customer so that wasn't too bad.
    Good luck with the fence man Dove!
    Morning Hosta  :)
    Think we may well be in line for the best Christmas in 4 years as it would appear the council have noticed the extreme overcrowding in the flat above us and have maybe got the landlord to move them all! After having a minimum of ten people in a two bedroom flat, its so delightfully peaceful that the silence is deafening! No more Christmas dinner in the basement to get away from their noise!
          The sun is trying to come out and its a day of housework and pottering today, second coffee time first, good morning to all to come  :)
    Fingers very crossed for lots of Peace from Above this Christmas and in the future @WonkyWomble 🕊 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,109
    Morning all again. 
    A peaceful christmas for you Wonky. XX 
    Devon.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,598
    Morning all. Last day of freedom before back to work next week. We are doing a Secret Santa in work 🙄 - I’m actually pleased with my offering.  We draw names out of a ‘hat’ so we know who we are buying for and the rules are - £10 spend and no toiletries. Stroke of genius...I have even done the label in alphabet stickers so no sneaky handwriting analysis can be done by the recipient and others. 

Hope everyone doing ok - enjoy your Sunday. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales.