HELLO FORKERS 🎄 December 2019

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,932
    Happy Birthday Hosta,  shame you have to work all day.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,336
    Very cold out there today, have been clearing more leaves.
    Treating myself this lunch time, with a Cromer Crab, luckily Moira does not like them.
    Woke up again
    To my chagrin
    Getting sick and tired of
    Feeling sick and tired again
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 57,212
    Enjoy @punkdoc  :)

I've just had a cheese omelette.  Supper will be a pot-roasted pheasant with parsnip, potato, celeriac and spiced roasted cauliflower.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,944
    @Dovefromabove , sounds good, can I come to dinner please!
    @Hostafan1 - have a good birthday.
    @Pat - Fantastic photo - but very scary!
    Had some good news from daughter yesterday. My 23 yr old Ford Fiesta 1.2 which I gave to her nearly 2 years ago so she could get to a new job, has just done 150,000 miles!!!  She has to do a 50 mile round trip to Plymouth every day for work. In all that time, the car has only had to have some welding and a new clutch and has never broken down.  I loved that car.  I doubt if my new Fiesta will last that long.

Of course @Lizzie27 we're sitting down around 5.30 ish  :)

I had a series of Fiesta lease cars for work ... never had a problem with any of them ... but I always think that a lot depends on the quality of the driving  ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,944
    edited December 2019
    Oh that's a shame @Dovefromabove  - I'll have to take a rainbreak as it will take me abt 5 hours to get there!!! Still, we've got roast lamb here. 
    edited December 2019
    That is a shame @Lizzie27 (although I love roast lamb) ... never mind ... I’ve got another pheasant I’m going to use for pheasant, black pudding and apple pasties later in the week ... I’ll send one by carrier pigeon 🕊 😉 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,541
    Just in from the gardening club AGM and lunch.  Interesting.  They're very keen on what they call "verrines" here - lots of little starters served in small shot glasses to begin with but now evolved to little bowls, mini saucepans etc.  5 different ones for starters - avocado mousse with prawns, salmon rillettes, Vendée ham and smoked milk mousse, beetroot, cream and horseradish and a pear and blue cheese thing with walnut then fish for mains and then 4 mini desserts - little chocolate kebab, clementine and pomegranate soup, pear something and fresh pineapple with a  crumble topping.   All very convivial too, being 54 gardeners for lunch.

Back to researching cars now.  Still not found one to replace Harry Zafira so going out road testing on Tuesday and Wednesday.

It is cold and grey and damp and foggy at the mo but sun expected for the rest of the week and temps perilously close to freezing.

Thanks for the link @Busy-Lizzie.  The bombscare was indeed a response to Black Friday and there were demos elsewhere in western France.  This particular Leclerc has just undergone expansion and there's a new complex of 50 shops been built alongside and just opened early last week.   

Hope you've had a good day @Hostafan1 and enjoys omething festive this evening.   Aren't you usually off to find the sun about now?

@Pat E that looks scary.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,677
    hello :) 
    Happy Birthday Hosta.

Hope you're all have a good weekend B)
    On and on the rain will fall, like tears from the star
    On and on the rain will say, how fragile we are
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,102
    Evening everyone. 
    Happy Birthday @Hostafan1 🎂

I’ve been floral crafting today:

All greenery and berries from my garden and only the flowers bought. My sister did a wreath for her door too.
    My garden and I live in South Wales.