Any hope for these Bluebell Bulbs?

Hi All,

I got some bluebells and iris reticulata reduced in Waitrose, however as they were in boxes I didn’t open them, the iris are fine but the bluebells are shrivelled - is there any hope for them? Just one has a shoot. Is there a way of soaking / treating them?

also I have a few tete a tete bulbs which I’m yet to plant but some have a green / blue mould - can I plant them if still firm? I seen you can treat with water / bleach mix? What would you do?

thank you! 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,745
    Are you sure they are blue bell bulbs?
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,058
    I'd plant them asap and hope for the best
  • @lyn - they don’t look anything like bulbs right now do they haha! Yes that’s what the boxes said... lesson learnt - I’ll be opening the boxes before hand in future... @nutcutlet - thank you, yes it’s worth giving it a go isn’t it? X
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,058
    bluebell bulbs are a funny shape  and even more so when dehydrated
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,004
    Re the tete a  tetes, I'd just wipe the mould off and plant them up. Others may have a different view on that though. 

If they're firm they should be ok.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,674
    I agree with @nutcutlet and @Fairygirl  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 836
    They look like bluebells to me. Tough things, I bet they’ll survive and rehydrate as there’s much moisture in the soil. You can plant them 6” - 8” deep for best results.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,205
    I always soak small bulbs in lukewarm water for an hour or overnight before planting, especially if I've left planting till late or have bought "bargains" late on.   Works for me.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

• also I have a few tete a tete bulbs which I’m yet to plant but some have a green / blue mould - can I plant them if still firm? I seen you can treat with water / bleach mix? What would you do?

thank you! 
    I'd avoid the bleach mix.  If they only have a light covering of mould, you can just wipe it off as Fairygirl says.
    You can also give them a very light dusting of sulphur powder before planting if needs be.