Forum home The potting shed

🎄Christmas tree🎄

Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,016
Christmas is behind the corner and it's time to think about Christmas tree. Which one you prefer? Real or artificial, potted or cut, spruce or fir....
Last six years I buy potted tree and after Christmas I plant them around my cottage. I also prefer spruce.

• B3B3 Posts: 13,179
    • How many years have you been doing this? I'm imagining a forest around your cottage😊
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,006
    I have an artificial one,this year it will be 20 years old!

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,016
    @B3, I'm doing this only last six years, but every year I try to buy different sort so I have blue spruce, frasier fir and korean fir.

Hi Runny. It's lovely feeling when you don't waste tree and it keeps growing in your garden. Ofcourse, we all need space for doing that. 
    It looks lovely @madpenguin

Photos of christmas trees are most than welcome.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,374
    Always real. I bought a potted Nordmann fir last year from a GC - proper rooted tree, not a stump stuck in a pot. I potted it on after xmas last year and it’s looking good and healthy. Hopefully should last a few more years before it gets too big to bring in the house.
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 1,677
    That looks lovely MU..........cold, but lovely 
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 2,463
    I've got this mimimalistic wire bare-looking tree with LEDs built into the tips of the twigs. Had it four years but this year I'm eyeing up this little potted Picea omorika at Sainsbury's. They look very nice.
    edited November 2019
    That looks amazing MU. I hope so that my will be so high and pretty, especially covered with snow.

@WillDB, that sounds lovely. My opinion is, go for it.🌲
    Here is my little spruce from last Christmas planted shortly after holidays. It's growing nicely whole year.

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    I've got a artificial tree, it lasts a long time. I found that real ones can't take the weight of the lights and baubles.
    But it's nice to be able to plant a real one afterwards if there's room. If we haven't it will be nice to plant it somewhere. :)