Forum home Plants

Black Friday offers - were you tempted?

• JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,328
    Not garden related, but bought Nike VaporFly 4% (magic shoes run marathons 4% faster) down from £210 to £105 :)
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,711
    Glad to see most didn’t fall for the hype. When you were going to buy anyway and get a good discount tho 👍
  • B3B3 Posts: 14,723
    @Tin pot are you serious? Would I get round Sainsbury's 4% faster? My maths isnt up to 4% of 45minutes. How many crap Christmas songs could I avoid assuming each one is about 3.4 minutes long?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,946
    edited December 2019
    Checking my emails I found a Black Friday Weekend offer for the perfect gift  for someone I wanted a present for ... it’s reduced by a huge amount ... I could never have afforded it otherwise ... there were only 10 available and I’ve got one 😃. It’s the perfect present for them and I’m very chuffed 😃 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 1,753
    I got 25% off a Chiltern Seeds order. Trying now to decide whether to spend that £3.68 on strong drink or loose women.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    Checking my emails I found a Black Friday Weekend offer for the perfect gift  for someone I wanted a present for ... it’s reduced by a huge amount ... I could never have afforded it otherwise ... there were only 10 available and I’ve got one 😃. It’s the perfect present for them and I’m very chuffed 😃 
    I can't wait for it to arrive.  ;)
    Devon.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,957
    BenCotto said:
    I got 25% off a Chiltern Seeds order. Trying now to decide whether to spend that £3.68 on strong drink or loose women.
    Go for the drink.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 34,310
    BenCotto said:
    It certainly won't cover both  ;)

I don't mind people making use of the offers, if they're genuine offers, as @Dovefromabove describes, but unfortunately, there are so many which aren't, and naive folk get drawn in.
    It doesn't take much to do a bit of detective work though, but some seem incapable of that nowadays.

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    Black Friday is just soooooooooooooooo passé , it's all about Cyber Monday now.
    Devon.
  • Just hold on a bit.........here's how  the week pans out.......... Tat Tuesday, Worthless Wednesday, Turdy Thursday, FU Friday, Saddo Saturday and Super Sunday...........repeat ad infinitum ;)
    Why not just have pre Xmas sales ???  Much easier to remember :D