Forum home Plants

Black Friday offers - were you tempted?

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,730
    I bought my own Xmas present in the pre-Xmas sales but only because we desperately need a kettle as ours is leaking and it's too dangerous to use now. I went for a variable heat model so it doesn't have to boil when we make green tea and coffee. My wife is having the matching toaster which will save my family having to put some thought into presents. They will be relieved. Both advertised as 50% off but seemed like a good deal despite the marketing stuff.
  • JoeXJoeX Posts: 1,215
    Not garden related, but bought Nike VaporFly 4% (magic shoes run marathons 4% faster) down from £210 to £105 :)
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,249
    Glad to see most didn’t fall for the hype. When you were going to buy anyway and get a good discount tho 👍
  • B3B3 Posts: 12,635
    @Tin pot are you serious? Would I get round Sainsbury's 4% faster? My maths isnt up to 4% of 45minutes. How many crap Christmas songs could I avoid assuming each one is about 3.4 minutes long?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,571
    edited December 2019
    Checking my emails I found a Black Friday Weekend offer for the perfect gift  for someone I wanted a present for ... it’s reduced by a huge amount ... I could never have afforded it otherwise ... there were only 10 available and I’ve got one 😃. It’s the perfect present for them and I’m very chuffed 😃 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 1,179
    I got 25% off a Chiltern Seeds order. Trying now to decide whether to spend that £3.68 on strong drink or loose women.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 24,715
    Checking my emails I found a Black Friday Weekend offer for the perfect gift  for someone I wanted a present for ... it’s reduced by a huge amount ... I could never have afforded it otherwise ... there were only 10 available and I’ve got one 😃. It’s the perfect present for them and I’m very chuffed 😃 
    I can't wait for it to arrive.  ;)
    Devon.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,005
    BenCotto said:
    I got 25% off a Chiltern Seeds order. Trying now to decide whether to spend that £3.68 on strong drink or loose women.
    Go for the drink.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 30,338
    BenCotto said:
    It certainly won't cover both  ;)

I don't mind people making use of the offers, if they're genuine offers, as @Dovefromabove describes, but unfortunately, there are so many which aren't, and naive folk get drawn in.
    It doesn't take much to do a bit of detective work though, but some seem incapable of that nowadays.

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 24,715
    Black Friday is just soooooooooooooooo passé , it's all about Cyber Monday now.
    Devon.