Forum home Problem solving

wormery help

I have two wormeries that are thriving.  They are full to the brim with worms that have bred brilliantly (I put a handful in last year from the Dalek composters that I have Dotted around the garden).  What I'm trying to find out is the bottom tray (the one up from the sump is all lovely and brown and ready to go on the beds but do I transfer the whole lot onto the bed as it is?  What about the worm bedding that went into it last year?  should I just scrape the top layer off?  the instructions haven't really said....Many thanks.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 36,208
    I've no experience of them @Copperdog, but my post might bump up the thread so that someone who has, will see it.  :)
    I'd have thought the whole thing would go out, but if there's still bedding, perhaps not. What does the bedding consist of?

We used to have someone who knew a lot about them, but he doesn't post any more. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Many thanks @Fairygirl for camping me up -much appreciated.  and @philippa smith2.  The bedding came in the form of dried mushed coir which you made damp.  I can really feel in in the bottom anymore.  I'll try and see if I can get some answers by watching some U tube videos.  Many thanks again ladies.