RESURRECTED 87

• RubeeRubee Posts: 5,084
    Goodmorning Pansy and LB. It is much colder here than yesterday . I was going to do some clearing up and cutting back in the garden ,but it is so cold it takes your breath away . Time for a cuppa .
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,710
    Duh, what a nitwit I am. I knew I had to go to the post office, so I thought I’d go early. So I got up early. Had breakfast early. I didn’t realise quite how early.

Strolled into Spar, where the post office lives these days, and found the post office closed. When does it open, I asked. Nine. What time is it now? Quarter to. 🙄

So I wandered round Bakewell, suddenly realising that every shop was shut and it was a cold morning and I hadn’t come equipped.

Wandered round for 15 minutes, returned to Spar, walked in and found a queue of ten people ahead of me at the post office counter.

One of those days.

For Ante, and anyone else who would like a translation of the song:

Three crows sat upon a wall on a cold and frosty morning.
    The first crow couldn‘t fly at all.
    The second crow was crying for his mother.
    The third crow fell and broke his jaw.
    The fourth crow wasn’t there at all.

Clear?😊

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    #Three craws......part of my childhood  :)

Morning all.  Back to rain and wind so a garden tidy up is out for today.

Post office queues tend to be the norm at this time of year Pansy so you would have better surveying Spar's shelves.
    SW Scotland
    Why didn’t I think of that, Joyce?
    No, don’t answer that.
    😁
  • Morning All, 
    Such a shame that proper post offices can't stay open without going into 'other' stores/shops. We used to have a proper little old fashioned post office in our village, but now that's gone we can just buy stamps in the newsagents. Our two nearest towns have got rid of theirs too......one was huge and was the sorting office as well......thats gone into WHS and the other is now in a sweet shop.  The queues in both are horrendous and either weaving round the aisles in one or out the door and along the pavement in the other.
    Hope you didn't have to wait long Pansy.
    Ours went the other way - the old post office became Spar.

No, the wait wasn’t long. Considering the average age of the people in front of me was about 89...
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 26,505
    Hello Ruby, Joyce and SGL. I'm not long back from my trip to the Post Office - last this year I hope. Mine lives in the Co-op. There was only one person in front of me thank goodness. Lily's TV is whirring away and I've just filled the bird feeders - again. Few more dekkies to go up and then I've got to marzipan my cake before I forget about it. I think that there is a time thief somewhere around.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Our Post Office is in a convenience shop now but thankfully it's still there.  Stamps are available in the local sm from the customer service counter.  You can no longer buy them individually as you could years ago.  The sun is shining briefly but it's a cold spell.  Topbird it sound like your oh has a fine voice.  Chive I hope you are okay and just busy getting organised, visiting family etc.  Best wishes to Chey.  LB I'm sure the birds will appreciate you topping up the feeders.  I've just been watching them this morning whilst washing up.
    I've just finished pegging the cloth things on the string and my fingers have taken on frozen spider mode. It didn't feel that cold when I was in the village. I need to hug a mug now to defrost them.
    Just heard from Chey. He is coming home today where he can rest with all his own things around him. I'm sure Luco will be happy to have his Dad home.