Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 87

• RubeeRubee Posts: 5,936
    TBird. I am sick of vacuum cleaners going wrong . I loved my old Hoover Junior ( other makes were available ). I could strip it down  clean all the parts and when something went wrong I would nip into Leeds market where there was a stall that  sold Hoover spares .The parts were relatively easy to install . Now I have 2 vacuum cleaners waiting to be repaired ,they are not that old and there is no way that I could repair them .
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,134
    Oh good grief M-U that is terribly sad. Would you be able to find out how she is later? Poor Stumpy Sal.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Back from hospital and all tests today were clear. Another appointment in the new year.
    Thank you all for your good wishes.

Oh Hazel that's sad news about Gary Rhodes, no age at all. So very sad for his family and friends, especially at this time of year.
    That is great news SGL.  Its like an early C*******s present. You can all look forward to the festive season with a sense of relief now. Double hugs for all the Poppets.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    SGL,  :):):) great news.

M-U, poor cat. I hope it will be okay.  I'm always on the look out for farm cats running across the back road that I take to uncle's.
    SW Scotland
  • Thank you LB, Joyce and Hazel.
    Its OHs birthday tomorrow, so a very happy day for him. 
    Still a long way to go, but every clear check is great. 
    He doesn't know it but the boys have taken a day off work and we will all be together for the day. Last year he was in hospital having his treatment.

Hope the Puss cat is ok
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,754
    Great news for you and your OH Lily. I hope you can relax a little now.

MU - I'd be as upset as you to see a cat hit by a car and then be unable to find it. Hopefully she's just stunned but, even so, she'd like a bit of love and reassurance and a warm place to gather herself. I hate people who insist on keeping animals but then don't give them the time, care and attention they deserve and need.

Right - cards now. If I can do 20 it's a good start...
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    I think all the pet owners on here will be hoping Stumpy Sal has just received a glancing blow and is curling up somewhere in her own territory. If I was the owner I would be beside myself with concern. Lets hope that the owner actually does look everywhere for her. I too dread the thought of a little creature suffering.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 5,936
    edited November 2019
    Lily that is so good to know . You both will sleep better tonight .
    Sorry to hear of the little pus cats accident MU . I echo your feelings. When I hear of such horrible accidents, I am so pleased that I have an enclosed cat run .I would be frantic if  one of my cats was hurt .
    I agree with you M-U and I would have no hesitation reporting ill treatment of any animal to the respective authorities - RSPCA down here. This time of year when we get subjected to Charity appeals for donkeys, dogs and cats etc. I find watching TV unbearable at times.