Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 87

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,088
    Morning Hazel. I liked Gary Rhodes but death is the one certainty we all have in life.  Sad for his family but life goes on.
    Having tried every possible hint, 'fix' and tip on my printer it has failed to be mended. Ho hum. Suppose I might have to do some research and seek a new one. T'Bird, how are you doing with your misbehaving printer? Technology is wonderful until it decides it is not going to work. If only:
    Related image

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 5,914
    That is bad news Hazel ,sorry to hear it . Alfie has made friends with Bruno ,they have been chasing one another round this morning . It’s so nice to watch them .I think Alfie has missed Ed and he is enjoying the company .
    Related image
    That is lovely news Ruby. I'll bet he will miss his new friends when he goes home.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    It must be printer problem time.  A friend has been on the phone for half an hour cursing her one as she couldn't run off the labels for her C...cards.

Morning all.  Sun and blue sky this morning so will tackle the leaves on the drive way where they're piled up next to the car.

Hazel, hope your son's car gets sorted ASAP.
    SW Scotland
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,740
    LB - I suspect my printer problems might be solved if I put a new ink cartridge in it .

After many years playing by the 'rules' and only using genuine HP cartridges (very, very expensive - especially as mine needs 6...) I bought some non-genuine replacements about 5 years ago. They're much cheaper and generally work fine. I suspect there's a bit of 'something' in the black one which partially clogs the hole from time to time. Then it sorts itself out and away it goes again.

It's always worse if I haven't used it for a bit so perhaps the ink dries up a bit. That cartridge has probably been in there for 18 months ( again!) - so can't really complain.

If the printer 'goes' completely I can get a replacement within 24 hrs on John L*wis Click & Collect so not too serious an issue.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    Well Joyce, thats the third printer we've heard about so everyone else can breathe a sigh of relief!
    Ha ha T'Bird - that sounds like an easy fix! I've just tried again - no luck. I'll return to wrapping!
    edited November 2019
    Will whoever's borrowed my black felt tip pen please return it immediately!
    p.s. thank you Al
    Image result for Funny Alpaca images

• Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    LB good luck frustrating for you I know how you feel.  Topbird yes hp cartridges are expensive.  I'm not sure of the difference, intensity of the ink etc.  Mine died a death some years ago.  It was working and then I arrived home and it was completely jammed.  Switched off, took out the two cartridges, removed paper, which wasn't jammed.   Had a clean around, put everything back, switched on and still jammed, didn't have Bluetooth or WiFi just a 'straightforward' printer, you would think.  Anyway after many attempts it never recovered, gremlins.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,740
    Gremlins indeed Rebecca🙂

Sounds like my cordless vac which I used to v*c the hall carpet just before we locked the front door to go away on our last trip. Fine. Put it back on the charger plate. Fine. Came home 10 days later - went to use it - nothing.

Fortunately it was less than 2 years old so D*son replaced the power pack free of charge. All working fine again - but next time it goes it will be £60 thank you very much. Expected a battery to last longer than that.

And (being a Rezzer😉) my vacuum cleaner is not exactly over used😁
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down