Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 87

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 28,317
    Signing out now. See you all tomorrow.

Image result for Goodnight Monday

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,557
    Got a few on the walls of OC and a hat trick on Uni C - but that was about it. Not many of ‘my’ categories on either programme tonight.

Going to watch the news now (why oh why?) then off to bed - feeling v tired tonight.

Night night - see you all tomorrow. Enjoy your trip to the museum MU.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Got the battle sites on Uni C.  I should, having taught about them.

Spent a lot of time this evening scraping two burnt oven tins......forgot to set oven timer.  Couldn't even dump them as they have to be clean for the recycling bin.

Pansy, like you, I gently twist the legs on my specs.  Good luck with the yowling and spitting tomorrow.

Enjoy your day at the museum M-U.  hope there's not too much sticking to do.

Going to hit the hay now. (going to bed Ante)
    SW Scotland
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,011
    Good morning to all.
    Chilly and windy morning here. It's only 5℃, but I can see sun and blue sky. Easy day at school today, I'll come home around noon.

MU, have fun at museum today.
    Image result for Autumn morning images
    Jutro Ante, morning all to follow. I am very late today. Was wide awake until 04:00 - it must have been all that excitement with getting the cards done. I am not one of those people who can sleep during the day though so I will be wilting later on this afternoon.

• RubeeRubee Posts: 5,675
    Good morning Ante , LB and Chive.Another dull day here. I have a few jobs to do  .Ante enjoy your day .LB a 😴 in the afternoon is good for me ,it wakes me up for the rest of the day .Chive enjoy whatever you do .LB the colours in your pic are gorgeous.
    Morning Chive and Ruby, I'm all scrubbed and polished and I feel better for my shower and hair wash. I would have loved to be able to get outside today as its green bin day on Thursday but rain has put paid to that wish. Never mind, there is always another day.
    Morning - drizzling here. Don't like mucky days.

Need to do some unmentionables this morning as a friend is coming for a cuppa and a natter this afternoon. This evening I might wrap the presents for my brother's family. They're all coming for lunch on Sunday and that will have to be our pre- Xmas visit as we've been unable to agree another date before the 25th.

At some stage this week I need to write my cards but no idea when. Maybe if I do a few each day - usually do a marathon session.

LB - you asked about the honey fungus. I have one viburnum bod. which has been very sickly all summer but it's about 20m away from the affected rose and the plants in between seem ok for now (touch wood). I think there's something a bit funny about that little bit of border where the vib. is. Maybe a deep impenetrable clay pan. It's certainly very heavy soil and will have been heavily compacted a few years ago when the shed base etc was being done. Lost a buddleia there about 3 years ago. When I dug it up the roots were rotten and the soil was just huge wet claggy clumps of grey clay.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Dark, dreich day here too although There's a flaming red berberis that I look out on from the back door.

Morning all. Discovered I still haven't soaked and planted the Anemone Blanda.  Oh well, they'll just be late in flowering.

Are you having a sing-a-long on the bus M-U?
    SW Scotland
    🎼🎵The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round.....🎼🎵 ad nauseam

Have a nice play day MU🙂 

Wonder how Pansy's cats are farting?😉

I'm fed up with the sight of dead leaves in the porch....