Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 87

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,088
    I can understand your anger M-U. As T'Bird implied, if you take on any sort of a pet they rely on you to look after them. Their demands aren't many but the love and joy that they can bring to you is immeasurable. There are many times when I too prefer animals to human beings.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,740
    I suppose there must be some - but I’ve never met an animal who was aggressive or nasty without reason - usually because they’re frightened, hurt or previously traumatised by their interaction with the human race.

However, I have encountered many very unpleasant, unkind, selfish, thoughtless and / or cruel human beings.

Definitely an animal person here.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 5,914
    That’s a relief MU . I hope the cat remains ok .
    Phew M-U. That is good news. Personally I would still go ahead and express your concerns regarding the dog to the SSPCA. What is more important? A badly treated animal or an overly sensitive neighbour. That neighbour having already had words with the dog owner shouldn't be afraid of any consequences as they would, in this case, be innocent of reporting the dog owner.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    M-U, my friend round the corner and I were in a similar position re her neighbour's cat.  Fortunately, my daughter saw the cat and told friend's neighbour, in no uncertain terms, to take the cat for a final vet's visit.
    SW Scotland
  • Thank you Tbird, Rubee and Chive. 
    Thank you Chive, it was totally their idea, we're going to eldest sons in the morning and spending the day with them all. Poppet 1 will be at school for awhile but will be there for cake 🤗 Hope you're ok, take care and have a good evening x

Just read that Clive James has died too.
    M-U there was a item about a scam on TV this morning. Long story but basically a chap got a phone call from someone purporting to be from BT. Told him his router had been compromised and they could help him sort it. They remotely took control of his PC/laptop, told him at the end of all their fiddling he would be paid £500 for the trouble. When he checked his Bank Account he had £3000 or so extra so being honest he rang the number that they had given him and they said well pay us £2500 to this American account and you keep the £500. What he didn't realise was that they had access to all his accounts from getting into his device and they had transferred the £3000 from one of his other accounts to his current account. In the end they took all bar about £1500 from all his accounts. Sorry that is so long winded and I'm sure that yours will be OK. It just emphasises that people should NEVER allow anyone to gain remote access to their devices
  • Thank you MU. 
    Sorry, didn't see all of your posts re puss cat, just the first one about him getting knocked by the car and running off. Did post that hoped puss cat was ok, but didn't read the rest about dogs, cats and neighbours.  Hope all is ok and all works out well.

Lots of phone call scams lately, we had a phone call the other evening, supposedly from Amazon about our Prime account......we don't have a prime account and I'm not aware of ever giving Amazon our phone number 😕 I just put the phone down🙄

• Oops, night night MU, you weren't there just now 
    Goodnight to everyone. See you all tomorrow.

Image result for Zen images