Forum home Problem solving

Online flower delivery company recommendations

Evening all,

A rather strange question, does anyone have any recommendations for online flower delivery companies apart from Interflora, as I am wanting to shop around

When I have searched on Google ( other search engines available) it comes up with pages of companies.

So I am not sure who to trust so to speak and also a company that delivers good quality bouquets that last longer than a couple of days and look nice.

Any suggestions would be very helpful 

Thanks in advance.

• I was just reading an article concerning imported flowers in the latest edition of Gardener's World magazine.  They suggested that we try to buy Fairtrade flowers grown in Africa rather than buying flowers from Holland. Fairtrade flowers cost one quarter of their Dutch equivalent to produce - where artificial heat is necessary to bring them on during the winter months.  People growing flowers  for Fairtrade receive a fair wage, the villages, education and their general welfare benefits.  So to anyone thinking of sending flowers, please research their origin before ordering.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,897
    Bloom and Wild are lovely. Reasonably priced. They can send via the letterbox so the receiver doesn't need to be home. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,870
    I’ve recently had very good service from Waitrose flower delivery service ... I’ve used both their online service and telephoned them. Brilliant service each time and the recipients were very happy with their flowers. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 987
    I usually choose an independent florists close to the recipient’s home, first checking reviews on Facebook, and then place my order directly with them.
  • Thank you guys, wouldn't normally be bothered, but this one is a very special occasion and since I last ordered flowers online loads of companies have popped up and so has the price☹️.

I have to laugh as I even called one local florist to the recipients home and they said I had to order via Interflora as that who they used. I tried to explain I'm trying to cut out the middle man and what is the difference between ordering over the phone or coming in person to make and order. All very strange 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,870
    edited November 2019
    Sometimes a small business will have a contract with an online business ... perhaps it could be breaking the terms of that contract to take orders that undercut or circumvent that contract in some way. Also, if you visit in person they can show you illustrations of the bouquets they provide but that can’t be done over the phone, which can result in mixed messages and disappointment. 

I have found that by using the larger online ordering facilities you are more likely to get a good selection of flowers of a high standard as they are quality controlled, and you can choose a particular style of arrangement to suit an individual person or occasion, rather than depend on a verbal description of your ideas over the phone, which will always be open to the shopkeeper’s personal interpretation. 

As I’ve said, I’ve found the service provided by Waitrose flowers to be very good indeed. 😊 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,797
    I've had lots of flowers delivered from Waitrose and I've been happy with them all.
    Devon.
  • I really enjoy some scented daffs this time of year.  British grown of course

https://www.scillyflowers.co.uk/
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,553
    edited November 2019
    Like @fire l have used Bloom and Wild several times and always had good feedback from the recipients. Very useful as there doesn't have to be anyone at home to receive them if you choose the letterbox flowers.
    They also do hand tied bouquets. 
  • AnniD said:
    Like @fire l have used Bloom and Wild several times and always had good feedback from the recipients. Very useful as there doesn't have to be anyone at home to receive them if you choose the letterbox flowers.
    They also do hand tied bouquets. 
    Thank you, will give them a try this time round.