Forum home Problem solving

dracaena marginata

NazmorleyNazmorley Posts: 2
edited November 2019 in Problem solving
 hi! my dracaena doesnt look to well!the older leaves are dropping off very quickly, and the new leaves growing in the middle of the tufts are yellow/brown and dry! Im not sure what I'm doing wrong! One of the branches has become completely bear as all the leaves have dropped off! Please help!!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,102
    Hi and welcome to the forum 😊 

Can you tell us more about your plant?  How long have you had it? What is it potted in? Has it been reported? Whereabouts is it situated? What’s the feeding and watering regime?  That sort of information will give us some clues 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• hi! so im not sure what its potted in soil wise, and I haven't repotted it recently. we've had it for about 5 months, no issues previously. its in a corner near a north facing window so we've moved it so it gets more light. over winter feed once every 8 weeks approx. and watering wise about once a fortnight roughly  :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,102
    My first thought is that it’s roots might be too damp ... check that water isn’t accumulating in the white pot.  
    I only water most houseplants when the compost an inch below the surface is dry. Stick your finger in up to the first joint to check. 
    Also I don’t feed houseplants in the autumn/winter ... they’re not really putting on much growth so shouldn’t need it. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh