St Tiggywinkles

I have just finished reading a book written by Les Stocker who I believe founded the above  hedgehog and wildlife life sanctuary - has anyone visited it - who runs it now that Les has died?

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,675
    I went there a few years ago to do a Hedgehog Handling course as a birthday present!
    Had a wonderful day.It was run when the centre was closed in March and it snowed hard that day.Great to see behind the scenes where the public don't go.The smell of hedgehog is quite distinctive!
    More info here:- https://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,955
    I think Les had a son , but l don't know if he took over from his father. I know what @madpenguin means about the smell of hedgehogs. It certainly gets in your nostrils! Just reading that, l could smell it.
  • I have looked back through the chapters and there is a mention of Colin, who Les felt didn't receive the attention he would have liked to give him - Les was just too busy beginning to set up the sanctuary - how many busy parents have said that in the past.... What a wonderful, worthwhile present @madepenguin - have you made use of your hedgehog knowledge?