which geranium is this

berardeberarde Posts: 31
It is in the garden of the Atholl Palace hotel in Pitlochry and happy growing there in late October. It is scrambling into other plants up to 6 feet tall. I think the blue is wonderful I wondered if it is Orion. Incidentally my Rozanne is much less vibrant blue than this one  and I am a bit disappointed.

Raked up leaves and got them up with mower today, so hope for a bit of leafmould in two years time.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,816
    I think it looks like Rozanne. When the weather is right and it gets rain it is bluer and grows taller. I live in SW France where it is too hot and dry for it in summer and it looks a lot more purple and doesn't grow very tall, unless we have a cool wet summer, which doesn't happen often. It was wonderful when I went to the Eden Project a few years ago.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 351
    Definitely G. Rozanne. Very reliable flowers.
    A gardener's work is never at an end  - (John Evelyn 1620-1706)
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,517
    I would say Rozanne too. The colour depends on the temperature, so it does vary according to where you are. Mine starts off bluer then turns purple then pink when it gets really hot. It does flower prolifically in my east-facing garden, but this year’s heatwave was too much for it!