Forum home The potting shed

CURMUDGEONS ' CORNER 5 - BAH HUMBUG!🍬

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,335
    Oh Lyn - Brideshead is my favourite piece of TV ever made. It was very faithful to the book too. My favourite book  ;)
    Did you know they were originally cast the other way round? 
    Hard to imagine now. His was a truly stunning piece of acting. He never did anything particularly outstanding after it really, although he's stuck mainly with theatre.

Today is Art Garfunkel's birthday. Wonder if he got a new wig?  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,408
    edited November 2019
    My birthday in late July usually coincided with the start of the school summer holidays which meant I'd be sitting in the back of my Dad's old Standard 10 on the way up to Scotland to go camping - not a good way to spend a birthday. At least I got out of being given the 'bumps' at school though! My OH's is on Thursday so he always got fireworks for his.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,280
    I don’t keep many books to read again, but Brideshead is one that I will read over and over. I didn’t know they were cast the other way round. 
    I could listen to Jeremy Irons reading the phone book. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,512
    Very pleased to find a new Rick Stein series on hidden France after professional Masterchef as it hadn't been trailed.  All going swimmingly until hislast dish of Andouillettes which are just too disgusting.  Foul smelling things.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,408
    First cookery programme I think we've watched - out of sheer boredom of other programmes tonight - rather enjoyed it to my surprise, but I'm with you Obelixx about Andouillettes! OH once ordered it in a little village restaurant and the waitress did her best to talk him out of it. He likes trying new things but as you say, it was totally disgusting although he did manage to eat half. He got ribbed every time we went back there.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,873
    I had no idea what Andouillettes are so did a search on Dr Google.  First entry I found was this and it's a great read as long as you have a strong stomach.  Just the descriptions are enough to start you heaving otherwise

• B3B3 Posts: 11,531
    I think I'd rather eat a parsnip😝
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,818
    It’s ok folks ... I’m a huge fan of andouillettes and am willing, in fact I insist on
    eating on your share, your OHs’ shares and any others available. Really really love them 😋 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,335
    You can have mine an' all @Dovefromabove.
    I'd rather eat my own hair. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,381
    It makes Haggis look more appealing though. ;)