Forum home The potting shed

CURMUDGEONS ' CORNER 5 - BAH HUMBUG!🍬

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 20,428
    Very pleased to find a new Rick Stein series on hidden France after professional Masterchef as it hadn't been trailed.  All going swimmingly until hislast dish of Andouillettes which are just too disgusting.  Foul smelling things.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,283
    First cookery programme I think we've watched - out of sheer boredom of other programmes tonight - rather enjoyed it to my surprise, but I'm with you Obelixx about Andouillettes! OH once ordered it in a little village restaurant and the waitress did her best to talk him out of it. He likes trying new things but as you say, it was totally disgusting although he did manage to eat half. He got ribbed every time we went back there.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,166
    I had no idea what Andouillettes are so did a search on Dr Google.  First entry I found was this and it's a great read as long as you have a strong stomach.  Just the descriptions are enough to start you heaving otherwise

• B3B3 Posts: 13,193
    I think I'd rather eat a parsnip😝
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,365
    It’s ok folks ... I’m a huge fan of andouillettes and am willing, in fact I insist on
    eating on your share, your OHs’ shares and any others available. Really really love them 😋 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 30,992
    You can have mine an' all @Dovefromabove.
    I'd rather eat my own hair. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,918
    It makes Haggis look more appealing though. ;)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,365
    🍽 😎 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,918
    They're both a food that is great when cooked right but if you get it wrong it's the worst of the worst. Give me some nice faggots any day though. :)
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 20,428
    You can have all of mine @Dovefromabove and, if I had my way, all of OH's but he does still order them in restaurants tho he does at least know now never in my presence.   His sense of smell is weaker than mine so he doesn't actually realise how offensive they smell.   He makes do with gésiers instead which is something else I don't want to eat.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw