Forum home The potting shed

CURMUDGEONS ' CORNER 5 - BAH HUMBUG!🍬

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 31,019
    Not sure which is worse there @B3... ;)

No one famous shares mine, as far as I know, but my youngest shares the sublime Gene Kelly's.
    That's why she arrived so quickly- just to make sure she got the right day - specially for her mum :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,271
    B3 said:
     Tom Jones and Colonel Gaddafi share mine 😕
    I'll see your Gaddafi and raise you a Pablo Escobar
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 20,437
    Quite a mix for me - James Lillywhite, 1st English test captain ; actors Boris Karloff, Harpo Marx, Maxwell Caulfield; singers - Francis Cabrel, Bruce Hornsby, Miley Cyrus; journalist - Kirsty Young; presenter - Zoe Ball and, for balance, serial killer - Dennis Nilsen.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,271
    Boris Karloff used to live near us in Hampshire 
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 13,213
    Hostafan1 said:
    B3 said:
     Tom Jones and Colonel Gaddafi share mine 😕
    I'll see your Gaddafi and raise you a Pablo Escobar
    Fold
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,157
    I've just googled for who shares my birthday, out of about 40 people, I'd only heard of two of them:  the composer Rossini, and actor Joss Ackland. I'm a leap year baby; it's just as well I have an unusual date of birth as all three of my names are very common.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,941
    Amongst others, I share my birthday with Anthony Andrews, I just love his Sebastian Flight. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 31,019
    Oh Lyn - Brideshead is my favourite piece of TV ever made. It was very faithful to the book too. My favourite book  ;)
    Did you know they were originally cast the other way round? 
    Hard to imagine now. His was a truly stunning piece of acting. He never did anything particularly outstanding after it really, although he's stuck mainly with theatre.

Today is Art Garfunkel's birthday. Wonder if he got a new wig?  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 5,296
    edited November 2019
    My birthday in late July usually coincided with the start of the school summer holidays which meant I'd be sitting in the back of my Dad's old Standard 10 on the way up to Scotland to go camping - not a good way to spend a birthday. At least I got out of being given the 'bumps' at school though! My OH's is on Thursday so he always got fireworks for his.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,941
    I don’t keep many books to read again, but Brideshead is one that I will read over and over. I didn’t know they were cast the other way round. 
    I could listen to Jeremy Irons reading the phone book. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.