CURMUDGEONS ' CORNER 5 - BAH HUMBUG!🍬

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,354
    Fairygirl said:
    What do you fancy for your birthday @Dovefromabove;)
    I know quite a few folk with 'C'mas approaching' birthdays. Bad timing by the parents I say....  :D
    The problem is you come out of winter and women shed three layers of clothing and finally shave their legs after months of looking like a wookie and everyone's blood gets up because spring is in the air. Or blokes bought them some good chocolate for easter to make up for forgetting Valentine's day and they finally forgave him a bit. The trick is to stay in the bad books all year round. Much cheaper in the long run.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,199
    @wild edges :D

If it's really that bad - you can always nip up to the local garage for a bunch of sad carnations...that always works well....
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• B3B3 Posts: 11,453
    Or a leftover bunch from a florist, with a card addressed to someone else lurking in the folds of the wrapping paper. That'll do it too.
    Then there's the birthday card chosen with such love and care, that he even remembered to cross out 'son' on the front.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Or change the numbers on the card @B3...
    I did that for my BIL's 60th birthday. A nice Superhero card of some sort for a 6 yr old boy.  :)

• B3B3 Posts: 11,453
    When I was 30, some thoughtful 'friend' bought me a birthday card with a badge attached.
    It read.  "I USED TO BE 29" 😐
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    B3 said:
    When I was 30, some thoughtful 'friend' bought me a birthday card with a badge attached.
    It read.  "I USED TO BE 29" 😐
     :D 

Fairygirl said:
    @wild edges :D

If it's really that bad - you can always nip up to the local garage for a bunch of sad carnations...that always works well....

I bought my wife an acer for valanetines day one year. Being a deciduous tree in February it made quite a display  :#  At least I picked one with red bark though. She was still more pleased than she would have been with cut flowers. The benefit of marrying a gardener I suppose.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,447
    I do keep telling OH not to buy me flowers.  You'd get a couple of decent shrubs for the same price.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Indeed @wild edges. My ex never quite got the hang of that.

Not an ex because of it though  ;)

valanetines day
    :#

No typing before the coffee kicks in...