CURMUDGEONS ' CORNER 5 - BAH HUMBUG!🍬

B3B3 Posts: 10,409
🎄The 61 days of Christmas will soon be upon us.
Time to get the sprouts on😋
In London. Keen but lazy.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,007
    Bah Humbug indeed
    Devon.
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,337
    Oh gawd.....
    North East
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,347
    Sprouts should go on at Easter ... don’t want them underdone 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,751
    I was about to say - what do you mean @B3 - mine are already on  :D

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,645
    I keep finding firework debris in the garden. A rocket fell right between the greenhouses and there's bits of plastic and chemical soaked cardboard all over the place. I still haven't properly fixed the broken pane in the greenhouse roof after a rocket broke it a few years ago. It's not helping my generally bad Monday mood after getting very little sleep last night :| At least the rocket had a good plant support stick attached to it. Every cloud...
  • HexagonHexagon Posts: 874
    Deffo bah humbug. Neighbour showed me her ghastly christmas ornaments - stupid santa thing and actually kinda cute snowman dude. So glad they weren't so tacky as to sing/dance and thankfully she showed the appropriate amount of shame for having bought them...!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,347
    OH’s colleague says that the flat that shares her landing already has a big plastic Father Christmas etc decorating their half of the landing 😧
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 10,409
    I was going to start a thread  competition for spotting the first Christmas decoration of the season, but it appears I'm too late. And it isn't even Guy Fawkes yet!
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,007
    B3 said:
    I was going to start a thread  competition for spotting the first Christmas decoration of the season, but it appears I'm too late. And it isn't even Guy Fawkes yet!
    There's a house near us which didn't take the lights down after last xmas. Mercifully they've not switched them on for a while . 
    Devon.
  • HexagonHexagon Posts: 874
    Someone mentioned a country where you couldn't' have xmas decorations and products in shops until Dec 1st. Poland? We should totally do that.