Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 86

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Rebecca,  if the Bailey's  help you to sleep just keep on going "hic".

More leaves gathered and back steps sprayed with bleachy water to get rid of the algae.
    Going to have a shower and get out of the gardening togs.
    SW Scotland
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,244
    I've just dead headed the pelargoniums in the chimney pots outside the front door.

I know it's November. I know I should take them out and put the spring bulbs in - but they're still flowering away, so it seems a shame. It's a sheltered south facing spot and I have known them go right through a mild winter there. They just don't like getting too wet.

Rebecca - keep on taking the Baileys if it helps you sleep. Pour it over ice cream and call it pudding if it makes you feel better😉
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Hazel, there is a wood full of mature trees behind the houses so doing the leaves in one go is a no no.
    T'bird, I'd leave the pelargoniums to give a nice splash of colour. I haven't got all the tulips in yet. 
    SW Scotland
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,793
    Afties all. Phew what a morning. The trip to the GC was very nice.My friend just wanted to soak up the seasonal decorations. I did buy things - no plants - some berries and candy canes to complete the wreath, two penguins and a group of snowmen that will go with my C*******s village. We went to visit one of our friends who was supposed to be going to Marrakesh early this morning. She had her second hip replacement in July and has had a few problems with the leg. She and her OH got as far as Manchester Airport and her leg gave out. To cut a long story short they had to cancel trip and return home. Quite shocking really but better that it happened at the airport than 2 hours later. She was in a lot of pain when we visited and is now waiting for a hospital referral.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    As promised, my Bestie's house decorations for Halloween.

Did you hear how the wedding went Joyce?
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,595
    Afternoon all.

Chive you lucky thing with your bright sunny weather. We have had thick murky drizzly fog all day and just 8°.  At least now that it’s getting dark I won’t have to look at it anymore.

Hazel, the first and last item that I ever knitted was a dishcloth when I was in infant school. I have no concept of what 12 x 50g balls look like. I’d love to see what you make of your bargain. Or even what the balls of wool look like.

LB, your poor friend. Still, as you say, better to happen in Manchester than Marrakesh. I bet they were looking forward to it though.

The wedding sounds a hoot, Joyce.😂
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    Chive, that is my Bestie on the right of the picture looking out of the window.
    Seriously, she does dress up as a witch. With it being her birthday too I'm always calling her a witch.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,595
    That window display must give the local kids nightmares. 😁
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    They LOVE it PF. They come round to try and see what is new each year.