Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 86

• Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,534
    Good evening everyone.

I felt gin in the air so I'm here🍸. MU said well, alcohol free gin is oxymoron.

MU it's a beautiful wreath and a real bargain.

It was lovely sunny day and I had a lot of free time to do little stuffs. I played with my lunch so I had a sweet potato fries and carrot soup. My parents gave me little present. They know that I love mushrooms.

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,726
    Ante, those are so pretty. I had some tiny wooden ones on clothes pegs that I used in my fairy house design last year:
    Yours are so much nicer. Are they made from glass?
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    MU that is amanita muscaria. She is poisonous but in many cases no deathly so we can try.😉 

LB your mushrooms are also beautiful. Are they on clothes pegs? My are made of glass. I like glass ornaments. This year I'll decorate my tree with bird, plants and fungi shaped ornaments.
    I'm looking forward MU. I also decorate my tree on Christmas Eve, it's old way and I respect it.

Runny nice to see you. That is lovely Christmas memory🕯.
    They are on little clothes pegs Ante. They are about 2.5cm tall. I peg them into the fake grass my Bestie gave me that my fairy house is standing on. The other name here of that toadstool is fly agaric Ante. I love the idea of your 'nature' tree.
    My parcel has arrived.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,551
    Evening all, Just popping in to say that I’m still alive.

New specs due on Monday. That’s when the real trouble will start. Anybody who has varifocals will know what I mean. The last pair took me six months, on and off (mostly off), to get used to them. This time I have no option but to wear the damned things all the time. Dreading it.

The Sheffield carol singing season began last week but we couldn’t go because Mr Muscle was having some major dental work done and he was afraid of getting a sore throat or something and having to delay it.

So we are off for our first sing tomorrow.

To give you all a taste of what a Sheffield carol sing looks and sounds like, here is a typical one. The words of the carol are While Shepherds Watched but the tune here is called Pentonville. There are dozens of tunes for those words.

The musicians are just local people. As you can hear, no singing voice is required. Perhaps fortunately, professional singers don’t turn up to join in.

But taking it seriously is essential. Woe betide any visitors who wander in and think it’s OK to take the p*ss.

Some people sing, some people just listen. Some do a bit of both. Nobody ever, ever gets drunk.

So here, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Pentonville:  👏

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=87PFoh9VJP8

Got to go. Monocle fatigue.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    Good to see you PF and I'm glad you'll get your specs back Monday. My contact lenses and glasses are varifocal PF.
    I liked the singing and wanted to be in that pub just taking in the ambiance. It looked warm.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,906
    Pansy, I can’t wear varifocals . I had some several years ago and had to go back to bifocals . They made me feel dizzy ,and I kept losing  my balance. 

Signing out for tonight. Night night and sweet dreams to one and all.

Related image