Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 86

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Rebacca, you have certainly had a botched job so hope that things are done properly tomorrow.

Phone sorted out at uncle's and he's now pleased that he can hear it ringing from any room in the house and for some distance outside.
    It's a raw, damp day so I'm going to finish reading my book this afternoon.
    SW Scotland
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,785
    Rebecca it sounds as if you have all the necessary ammunition to give V both barrels. Well done Joyce. I had to do that recently for cat sitter Jack. Being deaf he needed a good ring tone. M-U it only takes a few hours now to desludge a gas bolier system. I know that because in all the years I've lived here I've had it done twice when I have had new boilers put in. Sounds like you had a productive visit to the little shops and I have to say I've not heard of that particularly flavoured gin but it sounds delicious. I'm glad it passed the taste test!
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    edited November 2019
    A bargain wreath M-U.  Glad the gin suits your palate :)

The phone thing was a right faff LB.  No mobile signal in house or garden (hills and trees) for me to phone his number to check where  he could hear it so had to come home and phone a few times.
    SW Scotland
    Oh dear Joyce. Luckily I didn't have such a problem at Jack's. I was able to ring him whilst we were in his living room. Anyway, you've got it all sorted now so that will be a worry off your mind.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,622
    Hi all, in and out of Merry hill before 11am as it’s a very busy place especially at this time of year. Got everything I needed so won’t have to go again before Christmas. Come hone and done a few bits of h****work as I have a very busy week planned and we will be wallowing in our own filth if I leave it until I next get a few hours free. 
    Really hope you get boiler sorted Monday Rebecca and some compensation for all the inconvenience. It’s dreadful! 
    Hubby loves that gin so will look in my local branch. 
    LB hope your parcel arrives on time. 
    Hi Debs. Parcel due between 17:30 and 19:30 according to the latest notification. Ironically I ordered some fish tank filter material at the same time and that arrived at 11:20 this morning. I can only hazard a guess that the two items have come from separate storage depots.
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,192
    Apparently sainsbury's now have a fancy alcohol free gin esque products so I'm keeping an eye out for that.

My cyclamen has a tiny flower on it!

Hope your boiler is sorted soon Rebecca.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,926
    edited November 2019
    Good afternoon. I am so pleased that we could have Rebecca to stay while this dreadful situation with the boiler  is sorted . I am happy to report  that Alfie has settled in very well 🙂.Our three cats are behaving very well . Although Casper has the odd grumble when passing Alfie .I have been planning today .Between knitting jobs and feeling that I should start another .
    l hope that your parcel turns up on time LB .Chey alcohol free gin sounds good .Debs you sound as though you have done well with your shopping . I really dislike shopping .My OH loves it .Joyce you have done a good job there for your uncle .MU you did very well with the wreath , bargain.Hi ‘Chive  I hope that you are keeping warm .
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,926
    MU that is a very well made wreath ,I love it ,decorated or not . 
    Hi Chive, Chey and Ruby. Chive weren't you lucky getting out into the garden? Its been too dreich here so I was forced into writing festive cards. It did my head in! Permanent gloom all day so lights on all day too. I think I might finally finish my cards tomorrow. You will all hear a big cheer. Rellie visit will be shorter tomorrow as bro is in Llandudno. Hope he's having a good time. What a wonderful bargain that wreath was M-U. You did so very well there. I like that it is full of pine cones with no 'backing' showing through.