Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 86

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,847
    Cup of tea and knitting for you today Rubee!

Joyce - I had half an hour clearing leaves yesterday and thought (yet again!) that I should invest in some leaf grabbers. Maybe I'll have a look at the Big River site now....
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,151
    That’s exactly what I am going to do Top Bird . 
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,167
    Afternoon!

Been to the doctor - appointment was 11:10 and I was seen at 11:42. I get that delays happen but some notice or even an apology would have been nice...
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Pansy you could have your quilts in a museum so many can appreciate the work, minus spiders of course.  Deb's it's great your daughter completed the run and was able to raise some funds.  I had a sleepless night and went back to bed at 4am, could it be the Bailey's.    A cool day.  I've been watching the birds feeding, it's been quite busy.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,735
    Afties all. Speaking of leaves, guess who has just finished attaching 95 leaves to the wreath I making for my sis-in-law? Am I pleased? You betcha! Leaf grabbers are great if you mean the ones that you slip onto your hands Joyce. I always want to break out into 'You need hands......' when I put mine on!
    Hi Chey, did you get your blood test results today?
    Rebecca - definitely not the Baileys! I filled up my bird feeders earlier.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,167
    Results are all good apparently LB, except for slightly high cholesterol - nothing else is abnormal.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    LB, yes, those are the ones I have.  Great for using one as a rake on the back steps too.
    Going for weekly natter the corner this afternoon.  Will hear about the wedding in the marquee......not only was the weather cold but it was raining.
    SW Scotland
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,735
    That is great news Chey. Just have to take a look at your diet and make just minor adjustments. I had forgotten about the wedding Joyce. I'll bet those people were frozen! I look forward to hearing the gossip 
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,499
    Evening all,

Five o’clock and it’s pitch black out there.😞

Not that there’s anything that I need to be out there for, of course.🙂

Today’s episode of Ginge and Blackie goes as follows:

Ginge is downstairs, lying in his basket by the fire. Ahhhh. Bliss. Toasty toes.

Blackie is upstairs under the bed, listening to Mr M typing up his memoirs or somesuch. Boring..... Yawn......

At three, Ginge goes upstairs (very unusual). Possibly to ask Blackie if she’d like him to get her another mouse, seeing as how the oomans threw the other one out onto the grass last night.

Blackie hears Ginge coming up the stairs, silently leaves Mr M to his reveries, and goes to repel all boarders on the landing.

As Ginge reaches the last step on the stair, his nose comes level with the landing. Whap! Hissssssss! 

Ginge, stunned, retreats three steps down. She’s right behind him. He goes down a few more. She’s still, still behind him.

He flees to the kitchen and finds she’s not followed him. Receives hugs and commiserations and a big bowl of rabbit in jelly. 

Blackie returns to the landing and to guard duty.

Ginge has dreams about winning battles all afternoon.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,283
    Good evening to all. 
    I came from quick trip to SM. Weather is gastly whole day. Heavy rain and wind, just horrible. It was only one short break from rain so I managed to walk with my dog.
    If rain stop tomorrow I'll go to cottage and plant all spring bulbs.

How are you all today?