Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 86

• Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,534
    Good morning LB and all to follow.
    It's sunny morning here. I hope it will last longer than yesterday. Saturday is completely free for me. I don't have any obligations outside.

LB it's politic free zone around me also. Hope that your brother will stay dry and that he will have a nice performance. Enjoy your day.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,726
    Jutro Ante. I'm glad that you have sun today (please can you send just a little bit over here!) Did you enjoy Planet of the Apes last night? It must be nice knowing that the day is all yours, I'm sure that the pets will be happy too.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,615
    Good morning all, been unable to access site for a while not sure why. I use my phone and it’s playing up having to keep switching it off and on. I hate technology! 
    Sounds like you have all been busy I am off into Merry Hill for some Christmas shopping in a bit then must do some unmentionable stuff as next week is particularly hectic! 
    Pouring down here again. Hope you all have a fun Saturday planned! Stay dry and warm 
    ll
    Morning Debs, enjoy your shopping trip.
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,534
    Morning Debs. Enjoy your christmas shopping.

It's very pleasant to know that all day is just for relaxing and to do only what you want. To be honest I watched only beginning of the movie and then fell asleep😂. I can send you a bit of sunshine, believe me I also desire dry and sunny weather.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,906
    Good morning everyone  . It dark and wet here . I will be staying indoors .Joyce I used colours that I had in my stash of wool .Any similarity to a football strip is accidental. I have read back but not quite awake . Have a good day everyone .
    edited November 2019
    Morning Chive and Ruby. I am expecting a parcel from that South American river site today so I had better get myself organised - a bit like T'Bird the other day I need to get myself dressed in my day clothes! I'm a bit late on parade today. Ante, I'm glad I'm not the only one who starts watching something and then falls asleep before the end.
    By the way, I was looking around my window boxes and pots the other day and my mini daffodils are peeping through the compost already.
    Morning M-U. How lucky you are to have woodpeckers. I have never seen one in my garden. Make sure that you are well wrapped up when you go out to the little shops.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Morning Rezzers.
    Going to uncle's to install a phone....one with a handset that he can take to whichever room he is in. He is resistant to change!

Hope the C...s shoppers have a hood day.  Debs, I believe Merry Hill is also known as Merry Hell which it will be at this time of year.
    SW Scotland
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Afternoon everybody.  I had quite a sleep in this morning and checking on things later.  Thank you for all your comments.   I don't think the flue was installed properly and also only a light filled was used.  They did the work in less than a day and would not have flushed the system at that time and have cut corners.  The pump had to be replaced by v after only short usage but v man outlined the faults and said the gas co would have to deal with the flue replacement and the condensate desludging of the pipes because they are clogged.  I have made notes as Topbird said hoping others are not in this position.  I await Monday and hope they will be there and that they'll do a proper job.  Also asked for instruction manual from v engineer as I will need to do seasonal resets.  The system started switching off as soon as it was installed and it would with the condensate being blocked.  The flue is not mixing properly and there will have been a build up of gasses that have caused the collapse in the middle.  Corners have been cut and I'll ensure all are informed.   As v fitted the flue pipe and the boiler it might have been for them to flush as part of the project.  A bad job indeed.  I will keep you up-to-date.  LB well done re second game of canasta.  MU I've only ever seen a woodpecker on TV it's good to have sight of them.  Joyce hope all goes well at Uncles.  Chive hope you're enjoying your day off.  Debs enjoy your c mas shopping.