Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 86

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,499
    edited November 2019
    You do set yourselves some problems. Snowflakes, rag rugs....🕯

Little Cat has just come through the cat flap with a half dead mouse in his mouth. He refused to give it up, he refused to go back out. He sat in the middle of the living room making the most unappealing noises. Never seen or heard the like. We could only imagine that he was serenading Elsa who was upstairs as usual.

We got it off him, dead by this time, and opened the front door. He imagined that the usual rigmarole was about to happen. Mouse gets flung out onto the grass, door gets shut behind him  etc etc. And so off he went.

Instead of throwing the mouse out we took it upstairs. Elsa, who has never set foot outside in her life, looked at this unfamiliar object with a certain amount of horror, sniffed it, found it covered in LC’s saliva and withdrew under the bed. “The world is going more bonkers the longer I stay here.” was the look on her face.

We threw the moose oot the hoose and returned it to LC for a little bedtime “amuse bouche”.

Night all.

Have a quiet night.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    SHE still has an unfinished patchwork quilt.......I think Elsa may find it comfortable.
    SW Scotland
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Good night all.
    SW Scotland
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 29,735
    Related image
    Happy official bonfire night and a very good morning to one and all. I hope that T'Bird and SGL are over the worst of the dreaded lurgy and feeling better today.
    M-U I don't think it is a daft idea making a rag rug but the miniscule measurements require dexterous hands, the smallest crochet hook you could get and a very good magnifying glass. I have found some fine fibreglass mesh (I am thinking chicken pen) which would probably do the trick for a base.
    Joyce those snowflakes were gorgeous. Crochet is something I haven't learned to do yet but I would love to learn how.
    PF poor LC and his rejected love token. I had an old cat who was a good mouser and he would 'growl' at me if I tried to take any trophy from him. I had never heard a cat growl before and it really took me by surprise. It is quite a formidable noise.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,499
    Happy Guy Fawkes Night to all.

(Not that I am going to be out burning effigies of ancient anarchists tonight).

Joyce, that quilt has been staring down at me from the top of the wardrobe for months.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    Morning Chive and PF. I'm pub quizzing tonight so I won't be burning any effigies either. PF just stare right back at it!
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,797
    Good morning all. Bonfire party was a success and the weather was kind. Daughter ran her 10k in just over an hour, the charity is on the Greek island of Kefalonia and she is hoping to go there next year to visit and fuss the kitty cats. Her next project is organising people for the shoebox appeal for children and a reverse advent calendar appeal for the local food bank.
    not had time to read back will do so later. Hope all of you who have been poorly are on the mend. 
    Morning Debs. Well done wishes to your daughter and I hope her wish to visit Kefalonia comes true. Great news about the bonfire night too. I'm not sure what a reverse advent calendar is though
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,847
    Morning🙂
    Better night’s sleep last night - only woken twice. Feel better for that.

Debs - Kefalonia is a nice place to visit. I’ve only been to the harbour and the area immediately around it (sailing holiday) but it was a pretty, slightly buzzier place than some of the other very quiet Ionian islands. Well done to your daughter for completing the run in a good time and good luck with the other events she’s involved in.

LB - I imagine a reverse advent calendar would involve putting food into a box every day - the reverse of taking a chocolate out every day.

PF - poor LC. I think he wants to be friends too. Either that or he wanted to demonstrate what a fierce killer he is... 

MU - have you got one of those illuminated stand magnifying glasses for all these projects? They’re very good.

Might chop up some leaves / cut the grass today if it dries out a bit. Thick fog this morning but I think the sun’s trying to burn through.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,151
    Good morning everyone . Congratulations  to your daughter Debs . I too hopes that she visits kefalonia next year . LB enjoy your quiz tonight . Morning  Chive and Pansy .