Palm Tree Seeds...

Help.....my driveway and gravel parking area is drowning in hundreds of black Palm Tree seeds.  I didn´t realise that after the palm trees lovely white flowers came thousands of seeds.  ( I´m New to gardening) I´m sweeping them daily from the stone drive but can´t remove them from the gravel area beneath the two trees.  Seedlings are popping up every day.  I would love some advise please on how I can stop all the seeds germinating.
Many thanks

• If the conditions are right, viable seeds of any sort will germinate.  If they have only recently appeared, pulling up by hand would be the first method.  Boring and time consuming I admit but sometimes that is what gardening is all about :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,347
    You could hoe the ones in the gravel with a Dutch hoe. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks Philipa...I think this is the way to continue.  I did take to hoovering them up with an industrial hoover the other day which also worked as they are lighter than the gravel stones.  Our neighbours were amused!  Thank you for replying.

• Dove from above...thank you too.  I´ll look for a dutch hoe to add to my gardening tools.  :)

• JAYJARDINJAYJARDIN Posts: 107
    and thank you for the smile you have given to us all with the vision of you vacuuming the gravel !
  •  ;)