Forum home The potting shed

Lobelia Cardinalis Seeds Wanted

Ana9Ana9 Hooton, CheshirePosts: 21
Have any of you lovely people got any spare cardinalis seeds that I can buy from you or swap with seeds that I have?  :)

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,219
    None here, sorry, but these people have them for sale and I've lawasy found their seeds and service to be good - https://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/item_818M_lobelia_cardinalis

Their online catalogue will lead you astray........
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Ana9Ana9 Hooton, CheshirePosts: 21
    @Obelixx thank you I’ll have a look. I took some stems to get seeds from but nothing!  :(
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,219
    Good luck.   I found them not hardy enough for my last garden as they can only cope down to -5C at best.  Rural central Belgium gets -15C and much worse.  Haven't tried them here yet as I haven't got a moist bed, but I will have one day because I need to make a home for my gunnera and a rodgersias.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,432
    I’ve got them but they’re late flowering and the seeds haven’t ripened, whether they will, I don’t know, if you want to hang on a bit I’ll see, we just need some dry days.  They’re easy from seeds, mine were grown from seed. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Ana9Ana9 Hooton, CheshirePosts: 21
    Thank you @Lyn I shall hang on  :)