Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🕸🕷November 2019

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,989
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,280
    Hello folks!

Well done with the kitties, @Lyn and @WonkyWomble.  Patience and kindness win in the end.   :)

Popped to the post office (wearing full waterproof gear!) to post a birthday card, and got drawn in to a cake sale in aid of the local Camogie team.  Now there's a sport if you want something different... it's the women's version of hurling, which was well described as a cross between hockey and murder.   ;)

We have persistent rain, but very little wind.  We're far enough from the coast and sheltered by a hill & stand of trees on the south side too.  Hope you and your gardens survive unscathed...

Flat crumpets are pikelets in W.Yorks, too.  Definitely better than the thick sort.  Anyone tried making them?
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    Just making some Eccles cakes for this afternoon 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,509
    Thanks Liri,  the last one I tamed came in for 3 weeks became a gorgeous indoor cat, then some people came and asked if we had seen one,  OH said yes, she indoors, they came with a cat basket and took her away, that was 4 years ago and she still comes back here sometimes.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,280
    That must have been tough, Lyn.
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,509
    Yes, never mind, she was happy when she was here, she was back the next day, they kept coming for her but now she just pops in for some biscuits, sometimes has a sleep on the bed, then goes home. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,989
    @Liriodendron at my school hockey was classified by us girls as one of the Blood sports.  A fellow form member tripped and her stick split and ripped into her inner thigh!😱 🤢 An ambulance was involved 🤕

It seems that flat crumpets are pikelets are Scotch pancakes are drop scones. I’ve not made any for quite a while ... Wonky and her brother used to like them for breakfast with fruit and yoghurt.   I might make some again soon ... OH likes them ... probably his Scottish ancestry 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,910
    My first, all girls grammar school played lacrosse, which I loved.  The new, mixed one had hockey for girls and rugby for boys and never the twain shall meet.  The grounds were huge so 2 rugby pitches, two hockey piches and full track and field facilities for summer athetics, tho girls not allowed to do the steeplecahse either, plus a swimming pool, grass tennis courts and tarmac that was either tennis or netball depending on the season.

Nobody explained the rules for my first game of hockey and I was banished, forever, to play netball. 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
This discussion has been closed.