HELLO FORKERS 🕸🕷November 2019

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,347
It’s November ... which reminds me of this rhyme we used to say at school at this time of year ...

Whether the weather be cold,
Or whether the weather be hot,
We’ll weather the weather whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not. 😆 

... of course neither should be confused with a castrated male sheep which is a wether. 

So batten down those hatches in the garden folks ... winter is upon us. 🥶 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,347
    And as the link is on the old thread, for any who missed this yesterday evening ... 

🤣 🤣 🤣 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,183
    Thanks Dove. Good morning to you. 
    S. E. NSW
    Another weather rhyme from my childhood for this time of year has come to mind ...

”Ice in November to bear a duck,
    Nothing to follow but mud and muck.”

I grew up on a farm with a big duck pond 🦆 🦆 🦆  ... the rhyme reminds me of some mild winters when the farmyard became very muddy indeed. 

Oooh you snuck in there @Pat E 😊 Hello ... ☕️ ☕️ 

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,922
    Morning all. Thank you for welcoming us in to November @Dovefromabove.
    I can’t believe we can say we are in Winter now - I’m not psychologically ready! 
    Have a good day everyone.
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,502
    edited 1 November
    November is still autumn in my book @AuntyRach .....plenty of leaves left on the trees here 🍁.  Although did have to get out my snuggly onesie last night .....couldn’t get warm ❄️

Thanks for the recipe  @Pat E.....looks very close to the one I made yesterday.  Next time I will try roasting the pumpkin first and adding some 5 spice .......then I can see which version I like best 😋

Its Chicklet’s day off today, so we’re off on an outing 🐔🐥
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,007
    Morning all. Dare I utter the heresy that Atumnwatch last night was really , really dull? Liberally splattered with the obligatory " amazing " ever minute.
    Devon.
    Not one of its best I agree @Hostafan1 😞 
    I loved the little ‘autumnal montage’ at the beginning ... they could’ve stretched that a bit ... and the bit about the life revealed in the equinox low tide rock pools was gorgeous ... but there really wasn’t a lot about the changing season in the Cairngorms  :/

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,188
    Hi all
    A Capercaillie can never be described as dull. I was once attacked by one on a walk through Glen Tannar.
    Must admit the presenters are driving me bonkers.
    60 bare rooted wallflowers arrived yesterday, and it is p#####g it down, no idea when they will get planted.
    Woke up again
    To my chagrin
    Getting sick and tired of
    Feeling sick and tired again
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,007
    all the halloween stuff was just nonsense for a programme primarily aimed at adults . Chris Packham looked suitably embarrassed by it all.
    Devon.