Forum home The potting shed

TRICK OR TREATERS

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,732
    Yes it's fantastic ☺😊
    Sorry that posted twice stupid phone! All the children that have been here tonight are accompanied by adults all dressed up all very polite. Over 100 so far, it’s just a bit of fun for them I think no celebration  of evil spirits just kids enjoying themselves and getting some sweets. If people don’t want to join in that’s entirely up to them but the kids have really put a smile on my face this evening! Happy Halloween 🎃 
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    No little sods I'm miserable
    debs64 said:
    Sorry that posted twice stupid phone! All the children that have been here tonight are accompanied by adults all dressed up all very polite. Over 100 so far, it’s just a bit of fun for them I think no celebration  of evil spirits just kids enjoying themselves and getting some sweets. If people don’t want to join in that’s entirely up to them but the kids have really put a smile on my face this evening! Happy Halloween 🎃 
    Happy Halloween enjoy your evening 
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 2,869
    I'm just too disorganised to get sweets in. I've just had to turn one kid away empty handed 😭
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    No little sods I'm miserable
    WillDB said:
    I'm just too disorganised to get sweets in. I've just had to turn one kid away empty handed 😭
    Hope the kids by you ain't nutty like mine
  • granmagranma Posts: 1,876
    Didn't know what it was till I had grandchildren. 😊😊

It was mischief night when I was a kid , like   tying opposite door handels   together and scarpering after  we had knocked on both doors.
    ' twas naughty but fun ' 😮 
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 630
    I live in a small village so there’s no suspicion about giving out hand made things, and altogether there are about little 15 kids here.  This year the parents got organised and dressed up too and they all came through the village in a bit giggling gaggle, with lanterns.  So all very sweet and they seemed pleased with bags of red and orange popcorn. Then one teenager turned up from house across road, and there was nothing left - how sad (not! He was far too old).
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,137
    Yes it's fantastic ☺😊
    Must have had close to 100 kids at the door tonight.
    Brilliant costumes,outfits and make-up.
    Nice to see families all out together,even the parents dressing up.
    All very polite.
    I loved the 3 toddlers who turned up,vampire,fireman and a tiny devil!
    Really love it!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 663
    Yes it's fantastic ☺😊
    We live in a small village with about 50 young kids 2 of which are mine, they all dress up and the village has a real carnival atmosphere. Lots of people are out and about and it's probably the most community spirited evening, only houses wit a lighted pumpkin have there doors knocked at and a good portion of these residents will be dressed up too. 
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 892
    Just three teenage girls knocked on our door, the quietest year yet, numbers have reduced as the local children have grown, gone are the days when little nips dressed up came with parents, mind we don't celebrate the event.
  • PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 465
    edited November 2019
    We had very few Trick-or-Treaters the last two years, but this year we had about 100 or so.   I just wasn't in the mood this year so my husband did all the sweets distributing at the door.   Here in the States, the habit of going door to door has been waning for instead big Halloween parties at local churches and schools.  Parents figure that is safer I suppose. 
    My low-carb recipe site:www.buttoni.wordpress.com