TRICK OR TREATERS

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,169
    So it is all right to teach children to demand something with menaces? If I knocked on your door and demanded money with the threat of unpleasantness if not forthcoming then you would ring the police, so what is different if children do it? Cannot see any myself.
    We just use to set the dog on them.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,493
    I'm working late and then supermarket shopping so it'll all be over before I get home.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,688
    I reserve grumpyness for after the trick or treaters have been. Some years it's all very nice here and it's all young kids having fun and being polite but we've had the odd year where gangs of older kids have turned up from somewhere or kids have just grabbed sweets and gone without saying a word. It's half term though so it could go either way. I've got to get the kids in the bath and off to bed fairly early though so once I'm busy with that I can't answer the door anyway.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,630
    No little sods I'm miserable
    We never did trick or treat or celebrated Halloween. We used to carve a swede up to make a lantern with a candle in. Mischievous night was 4th November, night before bonfire night. We used to knock on doors and run away, and take the odd gate off it's hinges.  We never did penny for the guy as Mum said it was begging.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    No little sods I'm miserable
    We never did trick or treat or celebrated Halloween. We used to carve a swede up to make a lantern with a candle in. Mischievous night was 4th November, night before bonfire night. We used to knock on doors and run away, and take the odd gate off it's hinges.  We never did penny for the guy as Mum said it was begging.
    The older kids just use it as an excuse to play up round my way. Keeping the curtains closed and light off
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,925
    Yes it's fantastic ☺😊
    Only been home from work since 5.15 had 17 little poppets all dressed up and so polite and grateful! I always decorate the porch and buy sweets aplenty it’s a fun tradition! 
    Yes it's fantastic ☺😊

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,688
    I have no idea what some of these kids are supposed to be dressed as. The last one had some sort of gorilla chest t-shirt on over his pyjamas I think.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,401
    I don't take any notice of Hallowe'en, being one of those po-faced Christians who think young children shouldn't be encouraged to celebrate evil spirits.  I also think it's not a good idea for them to go knocking on strangers' doors after dark.
    Yes it's fantastic ☺😊