Forum home Problem solving

Cherry, apple and strawberries affected by?

Hi All,
Hope someone can help me please! 
My much loved cherry tree, apple tree and strawberry plant have been afflicted by something and I need assistance finding out what, to resolve and hopefully save them. 

Cherry 'stella' tree - 4 months old, potted no problems until it began daily raining roughly 2 weeks ago. I figured to stop watering and providing regular miracle grow feed, since this should be sufficient. 
Lower segment leaves have turned yellow and dropped off, some branches are bald. Mature leaves are still green and perk. 

Apple 'James Grieve' Tree - 3 months old, potted. Again no problems till around 2 weeks ago. also stopped regular feeds due to rain fall. Random leaves are turning yellow and orange and dropping off. 

Strawberry plant - Mature, potted roughly 10+ years old. No problems till it rained, leaves and steams yellowing and turning red, taking on a scorched appearance. 

Please see attached photos. 

I hope someone can help me diagnose the problem, I hope it's simply over watering from rain fall. However the rate in which my cherry tree has been effected, makes me believe it's something terminal. Thank you for your time. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,949
    The onset of autumn? 

😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• The onset of autumn? 

😊 
    Oh really? I didn't think either were deciduous, now I feel rather silly lol 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,949
    You’re not the first 😉 ... we all live and learn and we all have to start somewhere 😃 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,497
    Hi @Lifeofriley - the strawberries can be almost evergreen, depending on type. You can remove any old leaves on them, as sometimes they crowd the plants and provide places for slugs to hide - which isn't too handy for fruiting time  ;)
    You said it was ten years old though - have you tried taking runners from it? They become less productive over time, so it's a cheap and easy way to get more plants.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,339
    The cherry and apple will drop all leaves shortly as it is autumn. Clear the leaves up from around the tree to stop fungal diseases from overwintering.  Old  Strawberry leaves can be sheared off now, and again clear round, but as Fairygirl says, 10 years is old for strawberries, new virus free plants would probably give you a better yield.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3