Forum home The potting shed

Ipad and forum trouble

Hi all, really hoping someone can help. 
For a few weeks now this forum page does not load on my iPad screen. All others parts of GW site work fine as do any other sites I go on. 
Is it just me or are others having this problem?
The screen on my phone is too small to look at everything, I feel like I'm missing out.😐

• PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    Could you send an email to "contact us"? I use an iPad and it's ok. It's probably just a blip. I am sure the team will give you the advice to get back on board.
    SW Scotland
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,501
    My iPads  the same,  I have slow internet and I think that combined with the large photos on the site it’s very slow, I just have to wait for it. It shows just like yours.
    Sometimes, as all the photos load, it jumps up and down. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 5,025
    I have exactly the same problem. I find the forum takes ages to download pages, even the homepage or clicking between threads that have no photos. Sometimes I simply can’t get it to work at all or I crash out.

I too have slow, dodgy internet, but I can download an entire weekend newspaper and it’s supplements or browse plant websites, both content/photo heavy, much faster. The ads on the forum, although I appreciate that’s how it’s funded, don’t help. This leads me to believe it’s a problem with how the forum website is built rather than a problem with my iPad.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,501
    Same here Nollie, it’s only this site. Nota day goes by where I’m shut out and have to log in again. 
    I’m not so sure the ads are the fault, they’re usual quite small. I don’t know the answer. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150
    I think the tech team tried allsorts to try and fix the site crashing problem. Reducing the number of posts per page from 20 to 10, having a photo size limit, and asking members to start anew (with part 2 etc.) when discussions reached 1000 posts. 
    I've given up looking at any photo heavy threads like the garden gallery. 😞
  • Fif2Fif2 Posts: 69
    I can’t see the forum page on my desktop.  The rest of the site is fine. It’s been like that for a couple of weeks now.