Forum home The potting shed

Immediate Media privacy pop-up

Morning all, how do I stop the ‘Immediate Media’ privacy pop up ..... it’s driving me insane!  Thanks in advance 😀

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,839
    Select the option you want and click ok. 

It should then disappear. Sometimes I find I get the ‘fat finger’ problem and I accidentally hit the Cookies button at the bottom right of the screen and then it pops up again ... so maybe you’re doing that by mistake?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thank you @Dovefromabove but I’ve tried accepting/rejecting/options and everything in between and it just won’t go away .... I know I’m a numpty with technology but I’ve always managed to get rid of them before.  Any ideas? 
    It pops up when I log in on OHs laptop ... I think it’s cos he runs Firefox ... but after popping up about 3 times it settles down. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,440
    Same here, I select reject all, it goes away, if I have a particularly bad day with it I instal and adblocker,  then after a couple days uninstall it. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thank you @Dovefromabove @Lyn I’ll have my other half take a look later as he’s much more techy than me.  It comes up every time I go from one thread/post to another and every time I log on.  I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong and can easily be resolved but it’s driving me potty! 😩
    Beware of the Cookies button ...

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,523
    I usually just reload the page and it remembers I've told it to eff off already.
    Unlike the brain, the stomach warns you when it's empty.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,291
    I usually just reload the page and it remembers I've told it to eff off already.
    If only real life was so simple.... ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• steephillsteephill Posts: 2,068
    I had to change the browser on my tablet as it kept forgetting my setting. It was very difficult to get rid of the pop-up as it wouldn't respond to button presses. One interesting thing was the huge list of companies that your data would be sold to, none of them in this country.
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,787
    It is happening to me a lot

Immediate Media have an office here in Bristol and I wrote to them..........yes a paper letter in a paper envelope and........no reply of course.

http://www.immediate.co.uk/contact-us/

Perhaps if we all contacted them they may get the message.

There areny many things in life that anoy me but this is one of them

Wheres my Ginger Tea !!!
    Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.