Before and after - new build garden

Julia1983Julia1983 ShropshirePosts: 92
Just thought it would be nice to share some pre and post pics of our garden before we leave the house in about a month.  Everything we did ourselves apart from the new patio and raised bed. All completed between March 2018 and now  :)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,676
    What a transformation!

Are you on your way to a new garden?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Julia1983Julia1983 ShropshirePosts: 92
    Thanks, yes we are!   Into a rental short term through husbands work but we can do whatever we want to the garden (within reason!) so I will be making some new beds there and using annuals grown from seed and stuff I have divided recently to fill them  :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,676
    I hope the move goes smoothly ... maybe the garden will have some lovely surprises for you in the spring 🌷 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,738
    That's a lovely garden you've made. Just shows what can be done with a newbuild's garden. Well done!
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    A few people on here say I don't say anything nice or positive but well done to you and your husband Julia. Credit to you that's a fantastic transformation. You should be proud 👍
  • Julia1983Julia1983 ShropshirePosts: 92
    edited 22 October
    Thank you 😊 it's be great to see the wildlife move in and I've developed a real passion for gardens now!  Even though we're moving on I don't feel it was a wasted effort because I've enjoyed it so much and hopefully it will continue to provide homes and food for creatures. Just in case anyone comes across this in future, it is a clay soil, pretty wet and shaded all winter by the surrounding houses. Never give up 😉
  • What a difference, looks great. And so much green - a real change from those bare walls.
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,538
    It's great to have the chance to practise on rented gardens 😊 .
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • HouseFinchHouseFinch British Columbia, Canada (Zone 5)Posts: 281
    Great job! I really had to look closely to see that it is the same garden start to finish :)