Forum home Tools and techniques

Darlac Expert Bypass DP1030A secateurs

2»

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,138
    I would lose them Punkdoc, I don’t deserve expensive ones, like @Fairygirl cheap ones do me. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,086
    I'm laughing @Lyn. My first pair of W.S's lasted me over fifteen years- I still have them for cutting wire etc. Horses for courses isn't it? I dare say if someone gave me a nice pair of Felcos as a present, I'd be delighted though  :)
    I like having various cutting implements - it means I can keep a pair handy in the house, or in the storage by the back door, and then, when I can't be bothered going to the shed, I can nip off dead heads of he sweet peas near the back door.
    It also amuses me that I can spend 8 or 9 hours on hills, but I often can't be a**** going fifty feet to the shed  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    Fairygirl said:
    I'm laughing @Lyn. My first pair of W.S's lasted me over fifteen years- I still have them for cutting wire etc. Horses for courses isn't it? I dare say if someone gave me a nice pair of Felcos as a present, I'd be delighted though  :)
    I like having various cutting implements - it means I can keep a pair handy in the house, or in the storage by the back door, and then, when I can't be bothered going to the shed, I can nip off dead heads of he sweet peas near the back door.
    It also amuses me that I can spend 8 or 9 hours on hills, but I often can't be a**** going fifty feet to the shed  :D
    How bigs your shed fairy ?
  • I use Darlacs professionally and don't have anything bad to say about them
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,086
    I use Darlacs professionally and don't have anything bad to say about them
    Good to know dan. I expect yours get a lot of use!
    I looked them up, and there seems to be quite a few types. I migth consider them next time.   :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• I have a pair of felco 7s and the darlac equivalent model
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,310
    "Darlac" is a make which has passed me by. I'd never heard of them before this article. 
    I suppose having had Felco for over 30 years , I've not been looking at any other brands.
    Devon.
  • KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,545
    I have 2 pairs of Felco, one with the swivel handle, and I prefer the one's without that feature.  I keep catching the lock mechanism on the swivel handle ones and they don't actually seem any better in the hand.  They were a present so at least it wasn't my money.
    The secateurs are about the only garden tool I haven't had to replace umpteen times due to leaving them somewhere in the garden, and probably still being in that 'somewhere'.  Maybe the fact that they are expensive concentrates my mind.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,310
    I've got two pairs, No2 and No 8. My first pair of No2 started to play up  and I bought a second hand pair on ebay for less than Felco charge for "servicing"  so now I have my old pair for spare parts should this pair start to play up.
    Devon.