Ideas for a small garden

So the last few months I've been working on (with some help) sorting out an area of the back garden which has been a dumping ground since moving in about 10 years ago. Well things are finally coming together - what do you think ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa58VBTV5BE

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,675
    Looks good!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Thanks Madpenguin ! It's taken a while but it's in reasonabloe shape now and I can't wait til next spring !
  • Tidy job, I like the sleepers sticking out, that's a great idea in this space.
    The bamboo made me laugh manically. Straight into the ground!  Muhahaha.
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,965
    Wow, is EVERYBODY on Youtube these days? Very good video, the diagonals worked really well... who would have guessed that space had so much potential.
  • Great vid and great results !
  • WillDB said:
    Wow, is EVERYBODY on Youtube these days? Very good video, the diagonals worked really well... who would have guessed that space had so much potential.
    Thanks very much Will. Are you on youtube yet ?
  • Great vid and great results !
    Thanks very much - it's really helped tidy up the space and given me some more beds to try out some new plants !
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,949
    Nice space and good design (although it does look as though the raised beds have no back ie straight up against the fence which is not a good idea). 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • hogweed said:
    Nice space and good design (although it does look as though the raised beds have no back ie straight up against the fence which is not a good idea). 

Hi Hogweed - the beds at toward the compost heap are at the neighbours ground level so there's no earth contacting the fence. I've been busy putting a kerb on the rear of the ones closer to the camera to keep the fence free. Good spot and advice !

• HexagonHexagon Posts: 939
    WillDB said:
    Everyone wants to be famous, or rich. This guy wants to be a GW presenter. Similar annoying presenting style to Nick, only just slightly more annoying...
    In fact, the only GW presenter that I’ve never found annoying is Monty. I will be sad when he goes. Actually Frances is good. She should replace him when he dies.