Forum home Wildlife gardening

Earwigs.

2»

• Just in time for dinner - I'll mash it with the Iodine tabs - bit of garlic too of course :D
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,398
    Oh to understand the workings of an insect’s mind 🤔 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 33,305
    They can get into anything. I keep finding allsorts inside the 'tubes' of the little bit of polycarbonate I use for the door of the birdcage. Small, slimline slugs too  ;)

Enjoy your long distance tattie @philippa smith2  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• BijdezeeBijdezee BPosts: 1,281
    They don't look tasty and have a hard shell plus the pincers. Yuck but then I wouldn't eat a slug either. 
  • Fairygirl said:

Enjoy your long distance tattie @philippa smith2  :D
    I did and the eerie green glow added a certain "je ne sais quoi" to dinner :D
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,398
    You won’t need a torch for the slug and vine weevil hunts now 🤣 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,389
    How do flies get inside our bathroom light fitting, it’s screwed tight to the ceiling. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 9,686
    @Lyn they come down the holes in the ceiling where the mains cable comes into the fitting.  Most houseflies overwinter as adults in lofts and in the gap between floor and ceiling.  If you ever go up into an open roofspace in winter and have powerful lights on, there'll sonn be lots of flies buzzing around! 🦟🦟🦟
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,389
    Ooh yes, that would be right, Bob, they are in the loft, never thought of that.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.