Selective Notifications

If i disable all notifications except notifications for those i've bookmarked i'm assuming that i'll get notifications for those book marked discussions only.  So ok.....

If a discussion gets out of hand !!!!!!! and i deselect that discussion (un-bookmark it) "if this is possible as i haven't tried this yet"  then presumably i'll stop receieving notifications for that discussion?

Is this correct?

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,087
    you've lost me totally, lol ( not hard though )
    Devon.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,712
    Yes, you can unbookmark by clicking on the bookmark symbol for that post. You can also dismiss a thread totally so you no longer see it all, in case you are tempted to rejoin the fray, but I can’t remember how to do that! 
    Nollie said:
    Yes, you can unbookmark by clicking on the bookmark symbol for that post. You can also dismiss a thread totally so you no longer see it all, in case you are tempted to rejoin the fray, but I can’t remember how to do that! 
    How do we "dismiss a thread totally" ? I asked once and was told it couldn't be done. It'd be useful for threads on subject in which we have no interest.
    Devon.
  • Cottage CompostCottage Compost Posts: 379
    edited October 2019

So with these notification settings i'll get notifications for all my own threads and only those others i bookmark, rank changes (Whatever that means!) and when someone mentions me and PM's me.

This allows me to follow a discussion and presumably un-follow a discussion that goes "Off Topic" or "Gets Out Of Hand!".

I'll presume that if i start a discussion and it goes "Off Topic" or "Gets Out Of Hand" then i could if i wish deselect the option "Notify me when people post on my discussion" but then bookmark those discussions of my own that i still want to follow!?

Can't find / work out how to "dismiss a thread totally".   Perhaps this option no longer exists?

Hmm, I’m sure you can, @Hostafan1, in fact, I have dismissed all the info threads from the mods that used to appear at the top of the list in the Potting Shed. There is probably a thread there to tell you how, but as I have dismissed them, I don’t know which one!
    Nollie said:
    Hmm, I’m sure you can, @Hostafan1, in fact, I have dismissed all the info threads from the mods that used to appear at the top of the list in the Potting Shed. There is probably a thread there to tell you how, but as I have dismissed them, I don’t know which one!
    I know you can dismiss "info threads" but I thought you were saying we could dismiss any thread. Sorry if I misunderstood you.
    Devon.
    I don’t know, Hosta, I though it was for all threads, but I might be wrong. If I remembered how I did it I could try it on some annoying threads. Maybe @Dovefromabove would know?
    it would be useful for threads of no interests to us  eg, about plants we don't grow, programmes we don't watch etc etc.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 57,637
    edited October 2019
    I think Dismissing threads only applies to the Mod’s Notices ... this ‘unpins’ them from the top and allows them to drift down the page as with other threads, only reappearing if someone posts on them. 

I’ve alerted the Mods so if I’m wrong they can correct me. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I’m sure Hosta and your good self are right @Dovefromabove, thanks. Apologies for going off-piste, CC.

The ability to dismiss certain annoying/unpleasant/of no interest threads would be handy though, who knows, it may even make browsing a bit faster and stop me crashing out so much because of rubbish internet connection. I wish!