Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 85

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Morning all.
      Chilly but a clear blue sky and sun. I'm going to move some small pots from the patio to the back steps where they will be sheltered from winter winds.
    Midges love me so I have never gardened in the evenings.

Rubee, hope the hospital visit goes well.
    SW Scotland
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,626
    Morning all,

These little blighters/biters were out in the morning, Joyce. A real nuisance. Yes, they love me too. I know that there’s Skin So Soft, but for a quick trip to the compost heap or the recycling bin slapping that on seems a bit OTT.

Ante, midges are a tiny tiny black fly that you can hardly see. They go around in crowds of thousands and can get through clothing to bite you.

Another calm grey day here so I suppose they will be waiting for me when I go out.

All quiet on the Western Front.😼 Still one upstairs and one downstairs.

Best of luck at the hosp today Mr Rubee.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 32,224
    Morning Chive, M-U, Ruby and Joyce. Ironically Chive my tooth never hurt in the first place and is still pain free now. Cannot tell I had anything done. I'm glad the x-rays spotted the crack as I guess had it been left it might have become a problem and need extraction. M-U - thanks for that lovely memory too.
    Ruby - I hope that the Neuro appointment goes well today. Are you going or is Rebecca going with her Dad?
    Good idea to get those patio pots out of the winter winds Joyce. I'm sure that they are to come. I'm expecting a delivery from that famous Swedish build your own house store. The one where you can work miracles with an allen key and a screwdriver. Luckily the weather would be prohibitive for any garden work today so I won't feel guilty about being inside.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 7,095
    I am going to the hospital with OH today LB .
    Well I hope that the pair of you don't get rained on Ruby.
    That’s a strong possibility LB . Forecast is rain . 
    Oh boo!
    Appointment is three thirty . Been to this department before but not this particular clinic . I don’t know how long we will be .
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Brrr. Hands are cccold.  It's the sort of day when it would be nice to have a greenhouse to potter in.  Good luck with getting your one assembled Hazel.

LB, .... now where should this leftover screw be......?

Ruby, hope you and your OH don't have a long wait at the clinic
    SW Scotland
    Tee hee Joyce. At least that option is better than the 'oh good grief I'm one screw short!'