Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 85

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,783
    We have got a way to go to beat the 1m of rain that they had in Japan.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    Joyce, I like watching farmers plough their fields round here and the flock of seagulls that trail after the plough looking for whatever invertebrate is uncovered. It always reminds me of Autumn.
    Rebecca, a win is a win whatever you get so well done!
    Ruby, I started reading a book in France - an Ian Rankin book in the Rebus series. I didn't manage to finish it so I am going to download it onto my Kindle to read. There is not much worth watching on TV tonight so I might press on with that. Did you enjoy Circe?
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,925
    I didn’t think that I would enjoy Circe, LB . But i finished it in less than a week . I found it hard to put down .Very enjoyable .
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,587
    Episode three 👎

Little Cat went out for his evening perambulations. While he was out we coaxed Elsa downstairs as far as the half landing, which faces the front door.

Little Cat returned from his walk, looked through the catflap, saw the black and white balloon and shot through the hole, up the stairs and into the guest bedroom with Elsa just a millisecond ahead of him.

She is now as far back under the bed as she can go. To give her credit, she did growl convincingly from the depths.

This is going to take some time.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Hi Hazel, good to see you. Hope you're well.
    Thank you PF,  it was sort of sciatica that I had....went down my left leg, but the back pain was different to sciatica pain....rather weird really. Love the tales of the new kitty, hope they become friends soon! 
    Thank you Joyce, it did OH the world of good to get away for a few days seeing a very dear friend of his. And I could relax a bit too.
    Minds gone blank, oh heck.
    Night night everyone, sweet dreams 

Ruby - might have to put that one on my list. It sounds intriguing.
    PF - your stories of LC and Elsa are more entertaining than the telly.
    PF have you tried exchanging their bedding or stroking LC loads and then stroking Elsa and vice versa so that their 'scents' are intermingled?
    Night night SGL.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,587
    edited October 2019
    Yes, LB.

We’ve swapped bedding and left it lying about.

This afternoon,  I took the fur from their two brushes. Gave Elsa some of Little Cat’s fur to sniff. “Ooh, that’s nice. I’ll play with that.”

Gave Elsa’s fur to Little Cat. Wild glances around the room “How the hell did that cat get in here and where is it now?”
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.