Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 85

• Thank you Ante, I'm feeling quite well thank you. Better than I have for a while.
    Love your collage, such beautiful colours.
    Thank you too LB. 🤗
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,783
    Good to see you back Hazel.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,587
    Evening all,

Good to hear that your back is better now, SGL. I’ve been lucky with my back, but I once got sciatica and it was agony. Bad backs are no joke.

Ante, your photos are great. As LB says, the soil looks wonderful.  My gardening experience has always been at the extremes. My parents’ gardens were always solid clay - I had to abandon a boot once as it was irretrievably stuck in it. Then I had a garden that was almost completely sand. Never got anything to grow in it. Then London soil was horrible stuff. Even though our 1880s house had been built on an orchard it was thin, miserable, pebbly and had an air of ancient pollution about it. And now I’m gardening on a hillside of mixed slate and limestone. Fortunately, all the previous owners must have been keen composters because it’s lovely stuff.

Yes, Hazel, Norman is a sweetie. I hope his dad thinks so too.😊
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,539
    Hi Hazel. Glad to see you back.

LB must be hard always move from base to base. Nice memories of your father and gardening.
    This part of my land is not suitable for veggies but it's perfect for fruits.  We must level it next week. Weather will be dry and sunny and temperature forecast for tomorrow is 26℃.
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,539
    PF you get thru all possible soil combination. Glad that you have a decent garden soil now. 
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,925
    Hi Hazel , welcome back . Pansy , any progress with the lovely Elsa ?
    That sounds perfect Ante. It was nearly that temperature in France. It got up to 25°C. The 60 hazels will enjoy that space.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Lovely pics Ante and I do like seeing newly ploughed land.....don't ask me why.

It's good that you got away for a few days SGL.  It would benefit you and your OH.

Hi Hazel. Have you ordered the greenhouse?
    SW Scotland
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,587
    Here we go again. Hold onto your hats!💨

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    Oh joy PF!