Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED 85

• Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Pansy I've never had pumpkin.  It's a shame yours exploded  :).  Let's hope Elsa will feel more settled and little cat too.  All new smells for her to investigate.    Chive at least mum will have something nice to eat.  They say strength goes in at the mouth.  Wishing her well.    I won the euromillions £5.40 I think I should put it towards something nice. :). LB it's good you had your brother's help with the ginger beer it could have been a sticky situation.  Hope you've recovered from your travels and have good memories of your trip.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,587
    Yes, not locking her in did cross our minds at 5.04 this morning. 🤨

Just worried that the two of them might meet unexpectedly somewhere in the wee small hours and have a ding dong. Or worse, that she could indeed squeeze through the catflap, especially if pursued, and be off.

I shall ask Mr M what he thinks. (Of course, Mr M could sleep through a reenactment of the Blitz. I’d be the one woken by, and called upon to do something about, their caterwauling.)
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 31,783
    Oh Lants, I have just given my sherry soaking fruits their stir for today. Hunted down the 8" tin I required for later this week. I intend cooking the cake next Friday. The fruits smell yummy.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    Sorry Joyce - that result came out of the blue. It was a cracking (Ante - super) match.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 6,925
    I have just finished reading : Circe by Madeline Miller .  It is well worth reading . A modern take on the Greek myth . 
  • Wow! We can natter!😂😂  RES 85! 
    Sorry, hi everyone, been AWOL for a few weeks. Back is much better now and we also went to stay at a friends for a few days. Lovely relaxing time, did both of us good. Recharged the batteries a bit. 

Love the pumpkin pic LB. I see you've been away too. Hope you had a lovely holiday. 
    Also I missed Chives birthday, hope you had a great time and were spoilt .🎁🎉🎂🥂🍾💐 
  • Very best wishes Chive, sorry it's late x
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 1,539
    Good evening.
    Nice to see you SGL. How are you?

It was lovely and restful day. Only one thing to do was cleaning my father's car. He came and ask me polite jut to vacuum inside car. I cleaned it completely but it was in mess.
    Tonight is football, Wales-Croatia.
    Weather is still nice, hope so that will continue.

Here is some photos of my garden yesterday.

• RubeeRubee Posts: 6,925
    Wow Ante , what lovely produce . You must work very hard in your garden .
    Lovely to see you SGL and its good to hear that your back is finally behaving itself again and that you had a nice break with your friends.
    Ante your collage of pictures is joyous. I see that the ploughing has been done for the hazel saplings too. Your soil is such a lovely warm colour. It reminds me of the soil in our garden when Dad was stationed in Lincolnshire. He was a keen vegetable grower but grew flowers for my Mum. With being in the RAF we never lived anywhere longer than 3 years though, so more permanent planting was never tried.