Forum home The potting shed

Music to Garden (?) To....

• steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,386

I don't think this is really about leaves either - Wogan,Waters and Marsh song. What a voice though eh? Amazed she didn't like performing live.

UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)

A bit of music in a seasonal mood.....Do you actually say 'Happy Hallow'e'e'n'? (How many apostrophes should there be in that?)

• PeggyTXPeggyTX Posts: 553
    edited November 2019
    This one always gets me dancing around and enjoying being outside:  'Good Day Sunshine' by the Beatles

Oh, and how can I leave out Louis Armstrong's 'What a Wonderful World' for making me appreciate all the lovely gardens and scenery out there to enjoy: 

My low-carb recipe site: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    I don't know what happened to my youth and people who know my musical tastes reckon I've been here before. When I'm outside I have my jerry Lee Lewis, Carl perkins, Lonnie doneghan ect even a bit of chas and dave 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,061
    The brilliant Johnnie Walker on Sunday afternoon,  had some good guests, but near the end, a listener suggested the fabulous ELP with their glorious take on A. Copland's  #Fanfare for the Common Man.
    There's good footage of the time they played in the snow covered Olympic stadium in Montreal.
    Keith Emerson would have been 75 on Saturday, so a fitting tribute.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,223
    I  loved a bit of ELP. Must dig out my Tarkus LP, used to drive my dad to distraction, bless him 😁
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,061
    Brain Salad Surgery for me  @AnniD. One of the best album titles ever, and one of the most beautiful LPs - gatefold.  :)
    Only Mr Palmer left now.... :/
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

...not... Got all the washing done yesterday on the vain hope that it wouldn't rain down here today...yeah, ok..... I'm beginning to turn into Kevin from Motherland.

I was listening to this last night as it turns out - a playlist of 'covers' - had this for both the Temps and Bob (me and Bob were just like that) so I looked up the song to see whose was the original and read this on wiki. Sad eh?

Just listening to Jim Al-Khalili on 4... watched his two parter on Quantum on the beeb the other day...blinkey blimey, I think I'm with Einstein (is that 'bartender, one more beer please' in German?) and that they've got something wrong - and how they get maths from the improbability of quantum loses me completely. Brain ache.
    For all those over the past year who probably felt like this but carried on caring anyway, a sincere thank you:

...and for all of you north of Polegate who speak with those weird accents and paint yourself blue with woad:

• ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 561
    I must be alone here, I never listen to music when I’m gardening. I like to listen to the birds, and let my mind run on its own track. I find it a good time to think through stuff while being physically active. Outside the house, I tend to only listen to music in the car, and then it’s usually recordings of theme music from films.